2 Minipros died within first week. Help requested

Good morning everyone,

Around 3 weeks ago I purchased a Mini-pro from Amazon and loved it. One morning I turned it on and it kept beeping, lights flashing, and would not connect to bluetooth. I researched, tried to reset it by turning it on inverted and I can not get it to stop beeping and flashing or connect. The unit will function, but it is stuck in beginner mode along with the beeping and flashing. So I initiated a return and ordered a new one. The new Segway worked for 4 days, then replicated the behavior, only this time there is no beeping. Its flashing and will not connect to BT. 

Any ideas, or should I just return this one as well and give up on the Mini-pro?

Are the batteries being charged? Does the green light come on the battery charger brick after they have been charged?

In any case, the MiniPro being sold by Amazon is junk - model N3M260. I bought two, they threw me repeatedly because they did not have enough power. Look at my posts here for more background. Also note that the manufacturer-refurbished MiniPro from Frys Electronics right now at $399-ish are the full MiniPro N3M320 like Segway/Ninebot used to sell.  Bigger battery, more power to keep you upright. All IMHO, of course :)

1 hour ago, trevmar said:

Are the batteries being charged? Does the green light come on the battery charger brick after they have been charged?

In any case, the MiniPro being sold by Amazon is junk - model N3M260. I bought two, they threw me repeatedly because they did not have enough power. Look at my posts here for more background. Also note that the manufacturer-refurbished MiniPro from Frys Electronics right now at $399-ish are the full MiniPro N3M320 like Segway/Ninebot used to sell.  Bigger battery, more power to keep you upright. All IMHO, of course :)

i think the Mini is not charged only

2 hours ago, trevmar said:

Red light never comes on when you plug the charger in, only the green light. 

45 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Battery is not charged !

You can leave them on the charger indefinitely with no change, the red light never comes on the charging brick to indicate they're charging. In the video I took the Minipro pictured was on the charger overnight. This sucks man, it seems like these things are just junk. 2 out of three have failed, and I'm confident the third will as well.

5 hours ago, Kaneman82 said:

Red light never comes on when you plug the charger in, only the green light.

The red light comes on to indicate a charge is being drawn from the charger. A green light comes after batteries are fully charged, and are no longer drawing a charge from the charger. There are some threads here discussing battery behavior, and how to measure them, and that Amazon has shipped units with very flat batteries before. But I bought two units from them around 2 months ago (the $499 '2018' ones) and both batteries were almost fully charged when I got them.

It is really hard to do anything except measure them with a multimeter, as suggested in the archived threads which you can find in the KnowledgeBase here:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/10941-segway-ninebot-mini-mini-pro-mini-plus-knowlegebase-index/

I did suggest an alternative supplier with a better (IMO) product :) :)

You have an error code, flashing headlights...flash 2 times...then...flash 4 times....error code 24. Needs replaced/fixed under warranty.

https://fr.more4mini.eu/blogs/news/segway-minipro-error-codes-and-solutions.

Error 24 Battery communication failed

Replace the battery. If the problem remains then replace the Control Board.  You can also try to use after market battery without Ninebot Communication add-on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived