need battery control board connector and how to connect that

brokenhorse

need battery control board connector and how to connect that.

shorted ( arked the connecter) fried it need the connector need to resolder it to board and add a new controll board to battery connector and need to know how they assemble that, heat gun ? ect

10 minutes ago, brokenhorse said:

need battery control board connector and how to connect that.

shorted ( arked the connecter) fried it need the connector need to resolder it to board and add a new controll board to battery connector and need to know how they assemble that, heat gun ? ect

It isn't totally clear what you're asking here, did you fry the BMS (Battery Management System) -board in the batteries? Ie. the circuit board inside the battery pack... or just the connectors?

The typical connectors are XT60's:

411DLLr3sYL._SX425_.jpg

Although some models might use Deans:

11864-01.jpg

And at least KS16S's use MT60's with the 3rd pin used likely for some sort of data connection:

Amass-MT60-Pair-2.jpg

You can get these from RC hobby stores (Hobbyking comes to mind, I think it's US-based, but there are likely lots of others).

But, if you have to replace it and it's not a 3-pin connector, I'd strongly suggest going with anti-spark XT90's:

xt90santisparkconnector20_grande.jpg?_=1

Likely your original connectors sparked heavily and melted / deformed when connecting them back? Anti-spark connectors "fix" that by charging the mainboard capacitors through a small resistor while you're pushing the connector in, when the low resistance connection is made when the connector ends are deeper in, the capacitors are already charged and no sparking should occur at all.

As for "assembling", soldering & heatshrinking them, there's lots of tutorial videos in the youtube, for example:

thank you for all the insight. what happened was ( and i feel like an idiot for this) i was riding my wheel in to work in manhatten nyc and ( even through i know not to do this, been riding for over two years) i learn into it gunned it. i took off than it shut down and i went down at around 20mph. after i went to press the power button ( i was a little messed up) and no power. I had to roll it all the way to work and work 7hrs. after i wanter to trouble shoot it. notice for that last two months the battery ( according to the ring light) hasnt been charging all the way, then that day the day of the crash it charged more than the last two month. there was alot of rain a week prior and i want to check the batterys and for some dumb reason dont ask me why i wanted to check the continuity from red to black <-- dont ask why doesnt make any sense why like i said had a really bad day) forgot that there was another battery on the other side. it arked like a tig welder melted the tip of multimeter probe. so now i changed the two 30 amps fuses and need to rewire the amass connector. hoping that it is ok. like i said it was a really bad day. im still messed up from the crash. but ill be ok no broken bones just scrapes . had wrist and knee protectors on other wise i would be in the hospital. i use king song 16s every work day even in the rain to go to work and anywhere else in nyc its costing me not having it.

20180815_162449.jpg

24 minutes ago, brokenhorse said:

thank you for all the insight. what happened was ( and i feel like an idiot for this) i was riding my wheel in to work in manhatten nyc and ( even through i know not to do this, been riding for over two years) i learn into it gunned it. i took off than it shut down and i went down at around 20mph. after i went to press the power button ( i was a little messed up) and no power. I had to roll it all the way to work and work 7hrs. after i wanter to trouble shoot it. notice for that last two months the battery ( according to the ring light) hasnt been charging all the way, then that day the day of the crash it charged more than the last two month. there was alot of rain a week prior and i want to check the batterys and for some dumb reason dont ask me why i wanted to check the continuity from red to black <-- dont ask why doesnt make any sense why like i said had a really bad day) forgot that there was another battery on the other side. it arked like a tig welder melted the tip of multimeter probe. so now i changed the two 30 amps fuses and need to rewire the amass connector. hoping that it is ok. like i said it was a really bad day. im still messed up from the crash. but ill be ok no broken bones just scrapes . had wrist and knee protectors on other wise i would be in the hospital. i use king song 16s every work day even in the rain to go to work and anywhere else in nyc its costing me not having it.

20180815_162449.jpg

I've done stupid mistakes with batteries too (tried to check the pack voltage with a multimeter, forgot the probes were in current measurement jacks). Nice sparks, a totally melted probe tip and destroyed connector. Just get new MT60's, replace the connectors (check that you get the wiring right, maybe take pictures of the original connectors to see the wiring) and everything should be fine. Not that there's that much that could go wrong with "only" 3 wires, but it sucks to notice you've soldered the wires wrongly and have to redo the entire thing (been there, done that) ;) 

There's a good probability that the BMS shut off the current within 20ms or so, and likely most of the energy was spent destroying the connector and your probe tip(s). In my case, the multimeter fuse didn't even blow and the packs were fine after connector replacement.

Amass is just one of the manufacturers, the connector name is "MT60". Probably most RC-hobbyist stores carry them.

Archived