Msx leds not working

My leds seem to have stopped working on the right side of the wheel. They were working when I left the house for a short ride and by the time I got back they were not. I have opened the wheel to check for loose connections, but can’t find any. Any ideas?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zFLw99rMSAN4xJby9

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jpd said:

My leds seem to have stopped working on the right side of the wheel. They were working when I left the house for a short ride and by the time I got back they were not. I have opened the wheel to check for loose connections, but can’t find any. Any ideas?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zFLw99rMSAN4xJby9

My impression is that Gotway uses cheapo LED strips. There's probably a break somewhere in the strip. Highly unlikely that there's a problem on the control board.

• Like 1

The ring light on my Mten3 is erratic, sometimes fully working and other times lighting in strange ways. When I had to work on the wheel I could see the quality was very poor.

The rear strip light on one of my ACM's sometimes is off, but then will starting working again. Fortunately it works most of the time.

I see reports on KingSong ring LED's failing, and Inmotion too. So it's not just a Gotway thing.

Edited by Marty Backe

Just now, Marty Backe said:

The ring light on my Mten3 is iractic, sometimes fully working and other times lighting in strange ways. When I had to work on the wheel I could see the quality was very poor.

The rear strip light on one of my ACM's sometimes is off, but then will starting working again. Fortunately it works most of the time.

I see reports on KingSong ring LED's failing, and Inmotion too. So it's not just a Gotway thing.

Good to know! It doesn’t bother me too much. I do like to ride quite a bit at night, so the leds are nice for being more visible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Good to know! It doesn’t bother me too much. I do like to ride quite a bit at night, so the leds are nice for being more visible. 

Well, to be honest it would bother me on my MSX because I like the new lights on this wheel. You can buy replacement LEDs, and if you bought it from EWheels you should be able to get one from Jason.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
I have exactly the same problem. 
I bought the 4 new strips and when placing them externally I check that none of them work. 
I put the old ones back and it only shows one side, but it cannot be controlled. 
If you come to discover something, I would appreciate it if you could tell me, and the same for me. 
Only I am very lazy to have to disassemble the practically entire wheel to replace the LEDs.

Thanks, e best regards.

Ator.

• 1 month later...