adding an extra battery pack to euc?

Shad0z

im soon getting an msuper X

and i like the 1600wh battery and this wheel seems perfect

but i would like to explore the possibility of adding a small extra battery pack on one side of the euc. I saw in a video where it was dissasembled that there is space and i already saw that speedy feet added battery packs to a ninebot and an msuper in some video. It should be possible. so my questions are:

where to buy small 84V battery packs?

and how to install it? Best if it could be charged at the same time as the other packs with the same charge port.

But i wouldnt have any big issue with adding a second chargeport if it makes it significantly easier 

thanks in advance :) 

You have your heart in the right place:efefe00999:

You can have battery packs built to your spec at 1radwerkstatt.de (Contact: 1radwerkstatt@gmx.de), a German KS seller. It won't be cheap, though. An extra 260Wh 20s pack will maybe be... 200€, or 250€? 3500mAh cells are expensive. Guessing from the prices there. At least the shipping to DK will be free:efee8319ab:

The important thing is, the extra pack must be EUC-specific (use the right BMS, so it doesn't shut down when overcharging and maybe some other stuff), so you can't just go to any e-bike shop battery builder (or someone similar) unless the guy knows how to do it for EUC batteries.

To connect more batteries, all you need is some extra cables. All packs must always be connected so they are balanced (same voltage/charge state for each), so more charge ports are purely optional and each port (including the original one) will always charge all packs at the same time.

You could ask Ian/Speedyfeet how he did it, or if you order something from 1rad he 100% can tell you exactly what to do and how it works with Gotways and get you all the necessary cables.

--

Alternative idea: buy 2 more 800Wh packs, and build an extra enclosure for them on top of the wheel. 3200Wh!!!:efeeec645d: :eff034a94a: I'd do it if I had the money...

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You have your heart in the right place:efefe00999:

You can have battery packs built to your spec at 1radwerkstatt.de (Contact: 1radwerkstatt@gmx.de), a German KS seller. It won't be cheap, though. An extra 260Wh 20s pack will maybe be... 200€, or 250€? 3500mAh cells are expensive. Guessing from the prices there. At least the shipping to DK will be free:efee8319ab:

To connect more batteries, all you need is some extra cables. All packs must always be connected so they are balanced (same voltage/charge state for each), so more charge ports are purely optional and each port (including the original one) will always charge all packs at the same time.

You could ask Ian/Speedyfeet how he did it, or if you order something from 1rad he 100% can tell you exactly what to do and how it works with Gotways and get you all the necessary cables.

--

Alternative idea: buy 2 more 800Wh packs, and build an extra enclosure for them on to of the wheel. 3200Wh!!!:efeeec645d: :eff034a94a: I'd do it if I had the money...

thanks for the help :) 

i would say the reason im going for adding a battery or batteries and not buying a monster is a still want to keep it all in this neat still ordinary looking msuper X and not go too crazy with adding them on the outside and all that. it could be a really sick wheel to have for years to come. a 1900wh msuper X :w00t2:

now i just need to find someone who wants to buy my tesla, which isnt easy to get right now. but with patience i will get my tesla sold, and my msx bought, now its just about getting some patience! :D   i just want it all to happen now! :w00t2:

but i just need to wait a little, enjoy the tesla while i have it, and go for making the mini monster msuper X. maybe i should start thinking about what i should name him/her? :roflmao:

im thinking i can add 2 battery packs, the spaces are just not 100% square, so i dont know how much i can fit, but i really need some built to spec packs for this, but it will all be worth it!

my tesla seemed like the perfect wheel, but then i underestimated my needs for range, and i weigh 90 kg, not 60-70 like the ones who make a lot of the range tests. 

EDIT: damn, this hobby got its best of me! no going back now heh :D 

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You could take some styrofoam and make it the shape of the empty space where the extra battery will go in. Then the battery builder knows how big it can be and if it's doable to get 20 extra cells in there.

i will look into it. maybe im overestimating the space. or maybe not. but i should say, spaces

but even if it all fails, 1600wh is a good chunk of battery :) 

1813Wh exactly (1554 + 259), but I understand you, every extra Wh is good! That extra 260Wh gives you 15km more range! 15km!!!:w00t2:

The left (non-board) side will have space below the battery. On the right side, the board and all the cabling is in that space, so you won't get many cells into there. So unless you start hiding cells in every small opening in the wheel with your own self-made crazy battery pack, probably only 260Wh would work with a normal-shape battery pack.

I don't know of any people who did build extra 20 cells in the msuper V3, but maybe it will work on the X. The ms3 has the side pads that are wider only at the top where the battery is, the X has side pads that seem to be that wide all the way down, so there's more empty space below the left side battery. So the chances are good.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

1813Wh exactly (1554 + 259), but I understand you, every extra Wh is good! That extra 260Wh gives you 15km more range! 15km!!!:w00t2:

The left (non-board) side will have space below the battery. On the right side, the board and all the cabling is in that space, so you won't get many cells into there. So unless you start hiding cells in every small opening in the wheel with your own self-made crazy battery pack, probably only 260Wh would work with a normal-shape battery pack.

I don't know of any people who did build extra 20 cells in the msuper V3, but maybe it will work on the X. The ms3 has the side pads that are wider only at the top where the battery is, the X has side pads that seem to be that wide all the way down, so there's more empty space below the left side battery. So the chances are good.

the side without the board actually has 2 spaces, one where you might fit around 300wh (not gonna bother with the exact numbers) and the other im unclear about, but there should also be a little space, and the other side with the control board i think if you do your own cable management i think you can put a pack more (maybe) but all this battery stuff is still a little in the future. i first need to get the wheel itself.

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

the side without the board actually has 2 spaces, one where you might fit around 300wh (not gonna bother with the exact numbers) and the other im unclear about, but there should also be a little space, and the other side with the control board i think if you do your own cable management i think you can put a pack more (maybe) but all this battery stuff is still a little in the future. i first need to get the wheel itself.

As the insides are nearly exact the same as the older Msuper, the maximum of 20 cell packs that could be thrown in is 2x20cells.

Some of the france riders have done that with their V3s+...so you are right you can use ghe space on the board side, too!

adding 20 cells is easy...adding 40 cells is very difficult because you have to split and wire the second 20cell system like crazy.

So the maximum possible is 1554 original plus 518wh(2x259wh) = 2072wh...or in Gotway mathematics 2100wh.

4 hours ago, US69 said:

As the insides are nearly exact the same as the older Msuper, the maximum of 20 cell packs that could be thrown in is 2x20cells.

Some of the france riders have done that with their V3s+...so you are right you can use ghe space on the board side, too!

adding 20 cells is easy...adding 40 cells is very difficult because you have to split and wire the second 20cell system like crazy.

So the maximum possible is 1554 original plus 518wh(2x259wh) = 2072wh...or in Gotway mathematics 2100wh.

:o you are my giver of hope! Haha thanks for the reply! Thats what i wanna hear! 

so i can easily add 20 cells to the non control board side. But what about the other 20 cells? Same side in other space or on other side near cables?

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

:o you are my giver of hope! Haha thanks for the reply! Thats what i wanna hear! 

so i can easily add 20 cells to the non control board side. But what about the other 20 cells? Same side in other space or on other side near cables?

you have to spread the boars side 20cells allo over every usable spave there...and as this cellblock need to be in seriell, you have to good in cabling/soldering them together.

Also there might be the slight possibility that due to the bigger new board in the X.....the space is not enough.

23 minutes ago, US69 said:

you have to spread the boars side 20cells allo over every usable spave there...and as this cellblock need to be in seriell, you have to good in cabling/soldering them together.

Also there might be the slight possibility that due to the bigger new board in the X.....the space is not enough.

i mean 1900wh sounds pretty ok to me :P 

so even if i cant fit one more battery in there then its more than ok. 

almost double my tesla range! 

then i can from there always look and see whats possible or not. Thats easier in person than when im speculating and looking and martys video :) 

• Get msuper X.
  • Open left (non-board) side.
  • Go to hardware store, get a 18mm circular wood stick.
  • Have them cut it into 6.5cm long pieces.
  • Get 20 of these "battery cells" and see how you can fit them in the shell. Or 40. Don't forget the PCB for the BMS, which can be simulated by a thick piece of cardboard.
  • Show or send this layout to your battery builder.
  • ????
  • Range!

40 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:
  • Get msuper X.
  • Open left (non-board) side.
  • Go to hardware store, get a 18mm circular wood stick.
  • Have them cut it into 6.5cm long pieces.
  • Get 20 of these "battery cells" and see how you can fit them in the shell. Or 40. Don't forget the PCB for the BMS, which can be simulated by a thick piece of cardboard.
  • Show or send this layout to your battery builder.
  • ????
  • Range!

if i can get a hold of some of the people who put 300wh in their msv3s+ then it wouldnt be hard

Archived