Creating your battery pack

noisycarlos

For those of you curious about creating or repairing a battery pack (or just knowing more about them), this video does a good job of going through the steps, his is for a bike, but it's very similar.

PS. If you're making one for your unicycle, be careful about the BMS choice. The first unicycles had a safety issue where the BMS would cut off under load and people were face planting all over.

10 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

For those of you curious about creating or repairing a battery pack (or just knowing more about them), this video does a good job of going through the steps, his is for a bike, but it's very similar.

Is a nice video - maybe just soldering to the nickel strips should be done before welding them to the cells!?

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

I was sure I was going to have a go at making my own battery pack when I first learned about EUCs and bought my first wheel.  I have since learned that I would surely kill myself.  

I convinced my wife we needed a new Microwave so I could salvage the transformer in the old one to make a spot welder and build my own batteries.

Would you believe it, I stripped it down completely and the damn thing didn’t have one ???

Archived