• Days Won

tenofnine last won the day on April 19 2019

tenofnine had the most liked content!

1 Follower

Profile Information

• EUC
    18XL - Tesla - Mten3 - V5F - 9bot1 E+

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

tenofnine's Achievements

Proficient

Proficient (10/14)

• Dedicated
  • Reacting Well
  • Very Popular Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1. I personally ride my wheels at 80% of the pressure for my weight so I get a more comfy ride. But I never ride at the top of any of my wheels speed, I don't get why other people do this (and there seems to be a lot of people in this community egging them on). It's foolish and it's as annoying as seeing morons rev their cars and drag race in school zones/strip malls, or accelerate really quickly just to stop at a stop sign or red light. People seem to love testing limits without care for people around them just so they can get a rush in their sad empty lives. Consider you have a 45-100 lb missile b/n your legs. I treat my wheels like walking/biking enhancers; it's foolish to trust something that has no fail-safes; and it's dumb stress test them. There is a joy to chilling and still getting from point a to b. Just like you'd never fully discharge your batteries testing full range, don't fully test your wheels top speed.
  2. Already did all of that... Bought a valve core tool 10+ years back came with 4 cores. Even bought some new ones and tried those in case the old ones had bad rubber. I'm the kind of person that exhausts every single easy solution to obvious problems before doing anything rash or permanent. Been riding mountain bikes for decades and have dealt with almost every scenario that is similar to EUC tire issues. And if it's not something in my knowledge wheel I look it up on Youtube before coming here. Again this is the final proof I've needed that the Mten3 is just not meant for adults, it's fun but it's a pain. Only wheel out of the 6 I own I have tire issues with. I mean the tiny tire says plain as day "don't pump over 30 psi and don't ride if weight over 155lb", not a joke. Might sell it to someone short, or skinnier, or a younger person. At any rate i'll let the goo set up the full 72 and report back a final time.
  3. Ok I found the issue this time....it's the tire valve. I suspect this has always been the issue since I have never gotten a flat on the safe paths I ride. Will be trying shoe goo since I have use it successfully on metal-rubber situations, and if that doesn't work I guess I'm buying some instant gasket.
  4. Yea i tried that too, there is a jiffy lube (car shop) right near me and they were nice enough to try and seat it with their compressor. Solved the issue for a very short time. Thinking about just giving up might just be having bad luck, I love this wheel but I don't think it's viable for adults.
  5. Yea I learned this 25 years ago, there are no leaks....have no idea what's going on with the tire this time. I believe the Mten3 tires are just doomed to fail every 3-6 month, see the same from every other owner.
  6. Mine currently holds air for a few hours then magically when I'm not looking it's flat.... No hissing, no signs of a puncture or the valve stem leaking, and it seems to be seated ok. I'm wondering if all other Mten3 owners experience this always (I've noticed most content creators suffer the same fate). I'm guessing most of us are too heavy for the wheel/tire. Are tubeless tires actually better on this lil guy? If it wasn't so hard to change the tire I wouldn't mind, BUT dang....I'm getting frustrated with mine.
  7. If I ever bought a wheel used I would assume all of it's original stats are halved at that battery percent and at full I would still be cautious and never touch the top speed or range. Even someone trustworthy selling it, you have no idea what it's history actually is... EUCs are great but even the modern ones have a realistic prime shelf life of 5 years after the batteries are manufactured. And about 10 years total if the wheel is never dropped, of course with declining range and top speed/torque as the years go on and it's cleaned and maintained.
  8. Yes it is like the escalade of non-suspension wheels, very smooth, silent, and comfy. The instant torque is lacking off the line but once you get to the mid-top end it's very responsive. It climbs very steep inclines easily and brakes very well. Extremely safe wheel could probably do 40 mph easily but King Song chooses safety over speed. The only people I wouldn't recommend the wheel to is someone who is under 5ft5 or under 140 lbs because it will be unwieldy to stop and start on and it tends to be top heavy at a stand still. You need to have the height or weight to get the proper amount of torque out of the wheel (or really good pads and skill level if you don't). It's also surprisingly agile and stable at walking speeds, It's a joy to ride slowly at any tire pressure. But it's really fun and stable to ride at 22-30 mph.
  9. Hey that's awesome, that's why I like riding really late a night. My usually busy area is also like a ghost town, it's nice. I very rarely ride in the street with cars, the drivers here are really terrible and don't obey most laws. And with all these crazy people doing delivery apps now they are always trying to roll through stop signs and red lights, looking at their phones more than the road.
  10. When it gets hot where I'm at just put on one of these, adds no heat. There are tons of options for hot climates, slap on or velcro wristbands that help a lot with signaling (which is funny cause the same content creators that get pissed that cars don't signal don't even signal themselves on a EUC).
  11. Yea that's what I'm exactly talking about, where I live there aren't many cycle paths and there are very good laws for cyclist so they are allowed to ride on the road and cars have to share. When I come up behind a cyclist with no lights or reflective gear or attachments on their bike it's so much easier to see someone with a brightly colored helmet and clothing then someone wearing all black. Your headlights still have to reflect off their clothing if they aren't wearing any hi-viz stuff. Black and dark colors still will absorb all that light as opposed to white or bright primary colors. If a cyclist or one us is for some odd reason not wearing reflective gear or lights I'd much rather them be wearing a color that will actually reflect some light as opposed to wearing all black. Reflective gear and lights trump everything but where I'm at it's pretty common that none of that stuff is worn by some cyclist and joggers.
  12. I see the sentiment of what you meant but the color of clothing absolutely still a lot matters at night, retro reflective accents being optimal though I agree. A jogger wearing all black is going to be much harder to see then a jogger wearing all white or bright yellow/green. Light sources like moonlight, streetlights, your headlight/flashlight still reflect off of things and dark colors like black absorb all that light.
  13. Ah, at night that absolutely makes sense since white will reflect more of the spectrum than red will (at least concerning streetlights). Last time I visited San Francisco I found most of the cop cars and fire engines are now equipped with "Rumblers" which are these large sound emitting devices under their vehicles that can shake the ground and your car within a radius. It's like a sounds system on steroids your whole body and car vibrates when they are near. I guess it doesn't matter, but some part of me feels that the association of red with firefighter/engine is important. Like blue uniforms being associated with cops or law officers, and the red and blue siren lights being associated with law enforcement. Color is a simple way of denoting something before even reading or thinking about it. Like if all of a sudden all stop signs became white, seems kind of pointless to take something so iconic and known and change it for only a very marginal benefit (even if actually proven).
  14. This is interesting to me but all the fire engines in the US and most other places are still bright red (or some variation) as far as I know. I personally consider this far more visible. I thought this was just a picture of a bus or crane truck when I first glanced at your post, confusing. Fire Engines also have the advantage of being massive, very visible, and able to destroy anything that would possibly get in their way. These are 3 advantages a person riding an EUC definitely doesn't have.
  15. All white head to toe I wouldn't argue has a chance of getting seen because your legs and torso have a chance to be juxtaposed against black and gray backdrops in the city. But still I'd argue that if that stormtrooper were all bright yellow/orange/red he'd be so much easier to see and have far less of a chance of blending into anything in the city. The same goes for sport cars or cars in general, a bright white paint job compared to bright red/yellow/orange which are you going to notice?