Took a Tesla for a spin today...

The Fat Unicyclist

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Took a Tesla for a spin today...

compositor?model=ms&view=STUD_SIDE&bkba_

Not the Gotway Tesla though, the Tesla model S!

It's a little faster than the Gotway version, and (in "ludicrous mode") a lot quicker!

Beautiful car! Are you considering purchasing one? I know where you can find a free Tesla along with an awesome riding helmet.:)

25575648787_e7c5bfd3f8_b.jpg

16 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Beautiful car! Are you considering purchasing one? I know where you can find a free Tesla along with an awesome riding helmet.:)

25575648787_e7c5bfd3f8_b.jpg

Ooohh... perhaps if I point enough magnets in just the right direction, I can pull it down!

No, not looking to buy one - they're just a little too expensive just yet - but since they were offering test rides, what are you going to do?

Interestingly, our discussions included range, which was stated as being 500 km for one model. And then the sales guy commented that they went from Hamilton to Taupo (150 km) and the battery was at 40% . When I questioned this he said that there were three people and luggage, et cetera - so the range was reduced. 

I can't think why, but that sounds familiar for some reason... 

10 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ooohh... perhaps if I point enough magnets in just the right direction, I can pull it down!

No, not looking to buy one - they're just a little too expensive just yet - but since they were offering test rides, what are you going to do?

Interestingly, our discussions included range, which was stated as being 500 km for one model. And then the sales guy commented that they went from Hamilton to Taupo (150 km) and the battery was at 40% . When I questioned this he said that there were three people and luggage, et cetera - so the range was reduced. 

I can't think why, but that sounds familiar for some reason... 

They are expensive. Funny....yes weight has a major bearing on all electric vehicles. Unfortunately you will not see the realistic 150 km range with 3 people/ luggage statistics on the Tesla window sticker.

Archived