Plugging in charger: wheel first or wall first?

JLS1

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the EUC world and recently got an X8 to try out. I was reading the instructions and noticed that they say to plug the charger into the X8 first before plugging the charger into the wall. This is the first time I've ever seen this sequence for a battery charger, so I became curious as to what the difference is between Airwheel's steps versus plugging the battery charger into the wall first and then plugging it into the wheel. Anybody know why this might be?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

@JLS1 this has been discussed on any number of occasions as it is not at all specific to Airwheel. I think I answered it adequately here (and even then I start by saying it's been discussed before ?) @esaj also went into a good bit of detail two posts down from mine: 

Bottom line: If you plug into the wheel first and you get a very noticeable spark it is definitely wrong. If you do not get any sort of spark it is the correct way.

it is surprising how often the manufacturers do not seem to understand their own electronics very well (perhaps because they slavishly copied them?). So the above test is way more reliable than the manufacturers instruction.

Thanks @Keith for pointing me to the other discussion. I'll freely admit that I don't exactly understand all the technical nuances of this discussion, but I will follow your advice (which matches my experiences with other electronic devices).

Now onto learning how to ride the X8...

On 9/7/2017 at 1:30 PM, JLS1 said:

Thanks @Keith for pointing me to the other discussion. I'll freely admit that I don't exactly understand all the technical nuances of this discussion, but I will follow your advice (which matches my experiences with other electronic devices).

Now onto learning how to ride the X8...

Just in case you haven't seen this one.  @Simon Tay has some good videos.

Archived