My lighting solution for my Inmotion V8

Since there is no rear light when riding with the cover, and the front light is not too bad but can be better I decided to look for some solutions. I wanted something not too bulky and removable when riding during the day (when it's not installed it can't break when you fall ...).

For the back I went with a Lezyne light that you can simply clip on the cover, and for the front I opted for a GoPro compatible solution. Advantage being I can just remove it, use the mount to put a GoPro, or even put a GoPro on top of the light if I would want to film some night riding. The light was developed for diving, so it should be pretty water proof I guess :P

Front:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01H06TXFO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rear:

https://www.amazon.de/Lezyne-Femto-Rücklicht-schwarz-Fahrradbeleuchtung/dp/B008R5ONU8/ref=sr_1_1?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1503476279&sr=8-1&keywords=lezyne+femto

Hopefully I can test it soon.

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

• Upvote 2

Here is my solution for now. Light and Motion Vis 180. Has an ultra bright rear facing red LED and side facing amber LEDs. It can hinge down flush with the handle when not in use or be slid off the mount if unneeded. I took it straight off my bike.

I'm going to mount my Light and Motion Urban 800 (800 lumens) to the front using a GoPro mount when I get chance. This is to compliment the Vis 360 I already have on my helmet and another one of their lights (I can't remember which) I have on my back pack.

3 rear lights and 3 front lights including the integrated one.

2017-08-23 14.46.55.jpg

I would stick a gopro mount on the back in your case, and glue a gopro connector to the light you want to use, so you can slide it on/off when you want.

These gopro mounts really are great :) 

BTW with all that lighting make sure they can still see you. If you blind them it's not of much use either (like those bloody motorcyclists who think it is safe to ride with high beams on all the time. Yes I did see you, no I can't tell if you are 10 or 100 meter away ...) :P 

• Upvote 1

Ok just went out at night to test this.

In short: it's crap.

The light spread is a lot wider than with the standard led, but it doesn't shine far enough for my liking. Going to get a decent bicycle headlamp and glue a gopro mount to it.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I would stick a gopro mount on the back in your case, and glue a gopro connector to the light you want to use, so you can slide it on/off when you want.

These gopro mounts really are great :) 

BTW with all that lighting make sure they can still see you. If you blind them it's not of much use either (like those bloody motorcyclists who think it is safe to ride with high beams on all the time. Yes I did see you, no I can't tell if you are 10 or 100 meter away ...) :P 

This will be the eventual setup. The Gopro mount is quick release from the pad you stick to the wheel and the lamp comes with a GoPro adapter. I hopeful for a nice looking setup.

2017-08-24 00.25.42.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love that Lezyne light and have attached mine to my helmet after seeing it on @noisycarlos on the Cogswell dam ride. It has 5 light modes and clips tightly onto anything. Even a bungie cord on the back of a helmet as seen below...

I wish my V8 had the brake light that the V5f and KS14C have. Your setup looks fantastic!

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2017 at 2:22 AM, ir_fuel said:

These gopro mounts really are great

What GoPro mounts did you use? I try to make a good light for my V8, try to find easy detachable mount compatible with V8 radius.

P.S. Sorry for post in the "dead topic", but you're still active and that question belongs to that topic.