Hi,

Can a Mini Pro be driven without using the LED lights at all? If yes does it improve on the range to operate without the lights? If no, is there a setting, like say dimming the lights, that actually increases range? 

4 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

Of course, all in the light settings...Have you not looked yet? I turned off headlights especially in winter when cold battery loses power...Or for longer distances needed...

I don't have my Segway yet. I'm waiting for Amazon to get it shipped. Thanks for the info. 

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Pezman said:

Hi,

Can a Mini Pro be driven without using the LED lights at all? If yes does it improve on the range to operate without the lights? If no, is there a setting, like say dimming the lights, that actually increases range? 

I would say - leave it. At least front lights for the sake of being seen on the road. You'll not get any gain in range (not even halv a mile).

But back to your quiestion - yes, you can disable both front- and backlights from the app.

5 hours ago, kasenutty said:

How about now, Pez? Did they ship it yet? I want you to get your damn minipro! :D

Haha no not yet!! Thanks for the support. I have been in constant communication with Amazon and as far as I can tell they have no idea why it has not shipped either. Meanwhile we got like 2 feet of snow last night so yeah, no rush lol. 

The only lights that can't be disabled are the indicators.  Everything else can be turned off.  I'm not sure why they chose to make the indicators mandatory and nothing else.

Yeah that's strange really especial considering that the indicators only indicate as you are already turning. It is not like those lights will give some following you sufficient time to react to your turn.  Indicators are meant to indicate your intentions not state the obvious.

Yeah you're totally right.  Flashing when you're already in a turn is fairly redundant.  It would be nice to be able to disable all lights.  In some situations the less attention drawn to me and my gadgets the better.  I have already made my black MiniPro as stealth as possible by removing the (in my opinion) ugly hubcaps, removing the safety sticker from the knee bar and toning down the light show to something a little more subtle. 

On ‎06‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 1:47 PM, Pezman said:

Yeah that's strange really especial considering that the indicators only indicate as you are already turning. It is not like those lights will give some following you sufficient time to react to your turn.  Indicators are meant to indicate your intentions not state the obvious.

Indicators works alright I recon. As I've been riding with my wife and friends on minipro's, I'm getting just enough hint of where they are turning to right or left if I ride behind them. So they work as intended and without any need for input from users (other than steering).

3 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Indicators works alright I recon. As I've been riding with my wife and friends on minipro's, I'm getting just enough hint of where they are turning to right or left if I ride behind them. So they work as intended and without any need for input from users (other than steering).

Do you find that the indicators give you sufficient warning of the intentions of the person ahead of you to turn? in a situation where you have no idea where they are going...

I am curious about this..

16 hours ago, kasenutty said:

... I turn the back light on in some random stupid color like pink or purple. 

that's the whole point of it - fun! :) I must say those lights grows up on me after a couple of months (and after seeing my minipro's from behind on "group" rides)

Just now, Vik's said:

that's the whole point of it - fun! :) I must say those lights grows up on me after a couple of months (and after seeing my minipro's from behind on "group" rides)

I certainly can appreciate the "fun" factor for sure.  My question here goes back to the idea of whether or not switching the lights off entirely actually increases the practical range of the Mini Pro and if so by how much.

@Pezman, they definitely helps me to avoid the minipros running infront of me. Not that I can always guess where my friends are going (not always they know that themselves ;)), but indicators are def not useless imho. Of course, keeping a safe distance is a must.

Just now, Vik's said:

@Pezman, they definitely helps me to avoid the minipros running infront of me. Not that I can always guess where my friends are going (not always they know that themselves ;)), but indicators are def not useless imho. Of course, keeping a safe distance is a must.

oh for sure - nothing beats common sense and safe practice

5 minutes ago, Pezman said:

... whether or not switching the lights off entirely actually increases the practical range of the Mini Pro and if so by how much.

Not any practical number to even care about. Them lights are using like ~3W (give or take a watt). Same thing has been discussed earlier around Ninebot One EUC (don't know if I can findt it right now) and measurments were presented there. Consumption was too low so I've never cared about that since.

4 hours ago, Pezman said:

I certainly can appreciate the "fun" factor for sure.  My question here goes back to the idea of whether or not switching the lights off entirely actually increases the practical range of the Mini Pro and if so by how much.

If you want a big range increase you can buy the 63v charger that charges the battery to 100% instead of 80%. Turning the lights off will not increase the range perceivably.

Archived