Promoting Electric Unicycles in Drone Tutorial

Henrik Olsen

1 hour ago, Tjtripp said:

I want to get a mavic for just that reason.  Sucks that i purchased my phantom 3 a couple of minths before the mavic came out

If you get one, it seems like you will get it the soonest if you order it directly from DJI.  It seems like most places that sell them either don't have them in stock or you will be put on a waiting list.  Seems like DJI's website sounds like you will get it within 7 days or less if you order from them.

Allen

15 hours ago, abinder3 said:

The bad thing about active tracking is if you disappear behind an obstacle for a second it loses you. 

true, but then it just stops and stays. It can't follow what it can't see. To be safe you can use Follow Me mode where it tracks the remote. 

2 hours ago, abinder3 said:

If you get one, it seems like you will get it the soonest if you order it directly from DJI.  It seems like most places that sell them either don't have them in stock or you will be put on a waiting list.  Seems like DJI's website sounds like you will get it within 7 days or less if you order from them.

Allen

I would check the status with the guys here: mavicpilots.com

They said 7days for a long time, and that has not been true.

9 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

true, but then it just stops and stays. It can't follow what it can't see. To be safe you can use Follow Me mode where it tracks the remote. 

Too bad they couldn't  also incorporate something like the Typhoon H; actually follow the position of the controller or the 'magic wand' that you can use to also control the Typhoon H. 

Allen

9 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I would check the status with the guys here: mavicpilots.com

They said 7days for a long time, and that has not been true.

I've actually seen times on the DJI website where it said they would ship within 3 days of placing the order on the website. 

Allen

18 hours ago, abinder3 said:

I've actually seen times on the DJI website where it said they would ship within 3 days of placing the order on the website. 

Allen

yes, but reports earlier in mavic pilots forum says it's not true. Maybe they can deliver now, but I will not hurt checking over there before you order. 

You can make Mavic follow the remote instead of using the vision-based tracking. That flight mode is called Follow me 

/HEO

Archived