WARNING: Reverse speed of 15.9mph on mini

Maybe after 10km, I will get to 18.x limit, right now it has just over 1km the first stage to unlock the 10km limit.  It was interesting during the training with the 10km limit I experienced the severe tilt back a few times, don't really experience that anymore on my 1.4.0 machine.  Maybe I'm just more responsive when I hit the limit I'm not sure.  I won't put any more miles on the new machine until I do some tests with the reverse, so I will keep an eye on the 10km level.  

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:00 AM, FreeRide said:

Maybe after 10km, I will get to 18.x limit, right now it has just over 1km the first stage to unlock the 10km limit.  It was interesting during the training with the 10km limit I experienced the severe tilt back a few times, don't really experience that anymore on my 1.4.0 machine.  Maybe I'm just more responsive when I hit the limit I'm not sure.  I won't put any more miles on the new machine until I do some tests with the reverse, so I will keep an eye on the 10km level.  

I don't believe there's anything to unlock at 10km on Firmware 1.4.0.  Once you get past 1km full speed is achieved.  When you pass 50km you get a message on your screen but no speed increase.  The maximum cruising speed on my unit (ie. max speed that can be sustained, not the temporary absolute max ) is about 17-17.5kph. 

58 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

... The maximum cruising speed on my unit (ie. max speed that can be sustained, not the temporary absolute max ) is about 17-17.5kph. 

That's weird... Could it be some kind of regional restriction by Ninebot for certain markets? Since firmware is the same for all of the mini/miniPro's they've surely have a possibility to differentiate units by serialnumber...

48 minutes ago, Vik's said:

That's weird... Could it be some kind of regional restriction by Ninebot for certain markets? Since firmware is the same for all of the mini/miniPro's they've surely have a possibility to differentiate units by serialnumber...

What's your maximum sustainable pre-tiltback speed?  When I'm doing 17.5kph I'm in the red zone but I can sustain that speed if I'm careful.  Any faster brings tilt-back. 

18 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

So, the minis are still going slow? :D

No, mine is actually really fast...

...compared to walking barefoot over a sharp rocky beach, with asthma and a hip problem.

Hehehe, I like mine still, I just don't try to get speed from it. I was riding it around last night in the dark and was quite pleased with it. It was a warm kinda stormy night. Felt so good. 

Yeah I still love mine but for recreational rides I much prefer the EUC.  My girlfriend rides the MiniPro now, which gives us a way to go on journeys together.  The MiniPro still wins for dog walking, carrying heavy boxes and extreme winds.

My wife rides the mini too and we've had a great time going on rides. The kids like it too and borrow to run to the store, and the boy rides it to work sometimes. They're 16 and 18, so not really kids, but flaily idiots for sure. 

1 hour ago, RooMiniPro said:

What's your maximum sustainable pre-tiltback speed?  When I'm doing 17.5kph I'm in the red zone but I can sustain that speed if I'm careful.  Any faster brings tilt-back. 

All of mine (both v1.3.1 and v1.4.0 versions)  showing a max speed of 18,5 km/h and 18 km/h on 1.3.1 (~18,9 km/h on v1.4.0) is a sustainable speed,

Tiltback and beeping begins at 18,5 km/h on v1.3.1 and 19.1 km/h on v1.4.0 (red zone still from ~18.5). Latest version is even easier to hold a constant speed of >18 km/h on.

Real life comparison, and thats under my weight - 75 kg (165 lb)!

26 minutes ago, Vik's said:

All of mine (both v1.3.1 and v1.4.0 versions)  showing a max speed of 18,5 km/h and 18 km/h on 1.3.1 (~18,9 km/h on v1.4.0) is a sustainable speed,

Tiltback and beeping begins at 18,5 km/h on v1.3.1 and 19.1 km/h on v1.4.0 (red zone still from ~18.5). Latest version is even easier to hold a constant speed of >18 km/h on.

Real life comparison, and thats under my weight - 75 kg (165 lb)!

Tiltback at 19.1! Wow, that is definitely faster than what we get in Canada.  I wonder if it's related to the fact that in Europe you get 63v chargers supplied with your MiniPros and can charge to full capacity, allowing for a slightly higher top speed on a full charge.  I am going to charge mine to 63v and see if it goes any faster fresh off the charger.  What do you think about this?  I don't feel very strongly about the theory but I'm just putting it out there for some thought.

9 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

Tiltback at 19.1! Wow, that is definitely faster than what we get in Canada.  I wonder if it's related to the fact that in Europe you get 63v chargers supplied with your MiniPros and can charge to full capacity, allowing for a slightly higher top speed on a full charge.  I am going to charge mine to 63v and see if it goes any faster fresh off the charger.

Sounds plausible. I get normal speed of 18 km/h (still no tiltback before 18,6km/h) after the battery gets under 80% on 1.4.0. I tried to drain the battery to an absolute zero last saturday but it didn't want to carry me any longer after 3% and limiting the speed to 7,5 km/h (tilting me aggresively back immediately at 3-4 km/h hehe). Still my wife have got a lot more than 30km of total range that day, more like 38! I am still amazed! +26C do wonders for available range!

I'll need to do another looong ride to note the exact battery % when the speed decrease to a lower limit as I am little unsure about when it goes from 18,5 to 18...

48 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Sounds plausible. I get normal speed of 18 km/h (still no tiltback before 18,6km/h) after the battery gets under 80% on 1.4.0. I tried to drain the battery to an absolute zero last saturday but it didn't want to carry me any longer after 3% and limiting the speed to 7,5 km/h (tilting me aggresively back immediately at 3-4 km/h hehe). Still my wife have got a lot more than 30km of total range that day, more like 38! I am still amazed! +26C do wonders for available range!

I'll need to do another looong ride to note the exact battery % when the speed decrease to a lower limit as I am little unsure about when it goes from 18,5 to 18...

This is interesting that you get a speed reduction after dipping below 80% battery.  Here our batteries begin at under 80% so perhaps this really is the reason for the speed difference.  I will do a test asap.

And yes,  when I fully charge my MiniPro to 63V I get very impressive range.  I would estimate an additional 7km.

5 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I don't believe there's anything to unlock at 10km on Firmware 1.4.0.  Once you get past 1km full speed is achieved.  When you pass 50km you get a message on your screen but no speed increase.  The maximum cruising speed on my unit (ie. max speed that can be sustained, not the temporary absolute max ) is about 17-17.5kph. 

Well there is something, since the speedometer screen shoes a long red zone on the new machine and only a blip of a red zone on my original.  Now both running 1.4.0.

21 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Well there is something, since the speedometer screen shoes a long red zone on the new machine and only a blip of a red zone on my original.  Now both running 1.4.0.

Did you see a message or a change in performance after passing 10km?

22 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Remember back when you guys thought I was full of shit? I am, but not about the chargers :D

This is true.  You were one of the pioneers of the aftermarket charger range boost discovery.  Aka Segway's dirty little secret.

Archived