Elite speeds up then stops dead

acfentiman

Today, I was down to 2 bars of power. Leaning forward, my Elite accelerated for about 15 feet (5 meters) and then suddenly stopped and switched itself off, throwing me to the ground in front of the Elite. 

Has anyone experienced this?

I have ridden 550 miles on my Ninebot Elite, and it is about 15 months old. I am very familiar with its characteristics, have the latest firmware and connect via Bluetooth to an iPhone 5S.

Thank you.

On ‎25‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 5:42 PM, acfentiman said:

Today, I was down to 2 bars of power. Leaning forward, my Elite accelerated for about 15 feet (5 meters) and then suddenly stopped and switched itself off, throwing me to the ground in front of the Elite. 

Has anyone experienced this?

I have ridden 550 miles on my Ninebot Elite, and it is about 15 months old. I am very familiar with its characteristics, have the latest firmware and connect via Bluetooth to an iPhone 5S.

Thank you.

I've seen something about batteries (some of the cells) going south on Elite's. I can't for the life of me find that topic right now but probably your battery is not holding the charge esp. on lower levels below ~20%. And then it cannot deliver enough juice on hard accelaration - voila! your situation....

• 1 year later...

I had this issue three times and the unit went back to the service center each time. Once it put my brother in the hospital and he had to get dental implants from the severity of the impact! They insist there was no problem with the unit. Loop me in when there's a class action case.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely sounds like the battery could not supply the required power under the conditions.  a new battery could help,  Hard to limit one's self as the battery gets low.  When you charge it does it still get to the point where the lights blink if you leaving it on the charger after the light has turned green?  Do you regularly leave it on the charger until the lights on the Elite blink, or do you tend to disconnect as soon as it's 100% and charger is great light?

Which battery size are you using?

Archived