V8 TILT BACK

Marcio Canzian

What was the battery level and how heavy is your friend? If the battery was low then the voltage dip caused by the wheel drawing excessive power to pull itself out the hole could have dropped the voltage below 3.4v. This is the voltage the wheel considers to be 0% charge.  At this point the wheel will enter extreme and unridable tilt back until such time as you cycle the power and the battery voltage recovers or is charged back above 3.4v. If sounds were turned on then it would have said 'low battery' as this happened. 

The V8 is only a 2 parallel battery configuration. Ampage draws (and thus voltage dips on lower charges) can therfore be exaggerated under abnormal situations. The V8 is an awesome wheel but is only a mid level specification device. 

2 things I can imagine:

• Low battery, then that tiltback was only natural.
  • With (possibly) all wheels, there seem to be (very rare) cases of the gyro sensor going crazy after a sudden bump, but usually this results in oscillation instead of tiltback. But in theory it could have been something like this.

26 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

What was the battery level and how heavy is your friend? If the battery was low then the voltage dip caused by the wheel drawing excessive power to pull itself out the hole could have dropped the voltage below 3.4v. This is the voltage the wheel considers to be 0% charge.  At this point the wheel will enter extreme and unridable tilt back until such time as you cycle the power and the battery voltage recovers or is charged back above 3.4v. If sounds were turned on then it would have said 'low battery' as this happened. 

The V8 is only a 2 parallel battery configuration. Ampage draws (and thus voltage dips on lower charges) can therfore be exaggerated under abnormal situations. The V8 is an awesome wheel but is only a mid level specification device. 

Thank you. I think It was not really at the and of the drum. I will check it better!

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

2 things I can imagine:

• Low battery, then that tiltback was only natural.
  • With (possibly) all wheels, there seem to be (very rare) cases of the gyro sensor going crazy after a sudden bump, but usually this results in oscillation instead of tiltback. But in theory it could have been something like this.

I agree, I think the second situation is a real possibility.

Archived