Starter wheel for female in NYC

Diana

On 3/25/2018 at 3:04 PM, Diana Chiu said:

You guys are hilarious. “Small Asian girl tried a Segway one time?” Your assumptions that I will be crossing the streets holding the EUC is exactly the right assessment. 

Oo, that’s a nice affordable electric scooter! Will consider it if I give up on the EUC.  I used to own a micro kick scooter that i loved, but my friends made fun of me ALL THE TIME. Sigh. Hence, the pivot to EUCs. 

And yep, i’ve looked into those solo brushes, but they didn’t get funded on kickstarter unfortunately. Only 22 funders. Womp womp. 

Will let you know how the V5f+ test drive goes or if I slink back to the world of escooters. 

Here is my two cents:

We are all old Asian women on the inside, so don’t let the nay sayers sway you. You have been watching, studying, and now asking the right questions in the right place. I say go for it! 

As for your optimistic outlook of learning in an hour.. figure more like two weeks. 

Make sure you pad your new wheel while training or it’s going to get beat up. Same goes for your body. Pad up or you are going to get beat up.

Kingsong wheels are great, but would recommend you stick to the s models. 

The inmotion wheels are great as well. 

Stay away from Rockwheel and Gotway wheels. They are crap in a plastic housing. 

Do not go smaller than 14, and 16 may be better for your nasty sidewalks. KS16S is my recommendation. 

Good luck! Enjoy! Let us know how it’s going!  

Heres my vid on padding your wheel:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived