firmware 1.07

greenhorse

In mid March I saw a notification that 'new firmware is available'.  I managed to navigate to a screen with release notes (I can't figure out how to do it now :) ) and there were all releases listed including 1.06 and 1.07 above it. But there was no info on what was change in 1.07. I decided not to upgrade and ask here first.

Just now, greenhorse said:

In mid March I saw a notification that 'new firmware is available'.  I managed to navigate to a screen with release notes (I can't figure out how to do it now :) ) and there were all releases listed including 1.06 and 1.07 above it. But there was no info on what was change in 1.07. I decided not to upgrade and ask here first.

Recently there has been reported a board blow on upgrading a 14D or S to a new fw version!

I dont know if it was 1.07...but perhaps Ks has taken exactly this release back to overwork it....

As long as you are happy with your wheel and if whats “inside” a upgrade isnt needed ....i would always advise to “never change a running system”

On 2018/3/25 at 7:18 PM, sreejith said:

I did. The light scape is not working for me anymore and the wheel keeps beeping every few seconds. One more annoying beep to handle. 

Hi @sreejith, this is Flora, international sales of King Song. May I know if the wheel issue had solved? 

• 1 month later...

So, what firmware do people use on 14D now ?  I started getting prompted to upgrade to 1.07 again . Has anybody else tried it since March. Is it ok to upgrade now ?

I am also getting prompted to upgrade to 1.48 version of kinsgong android app. Is it ok to go ahead and upgrade from version 1.44 ?

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @greenhorse, I ride a 14D under 1.07 having updated recently from 1.04 to 1.06 then 1.07, what the app (IOS 3.1) prompted me several times to do and I finally I did it successfully 3 or 4 weeks ago. I noticed some improvement in the speed reduction feature under a certain level of battery when going from 1.04 to 1.06 (feature originally implemented by the 1.05 I never been offered to install) - improvement already discussed in other topics. I didn't experienced any changes from 1.06 to 1.07, I'm not sure 1.07 changes anything on 14D but more probably on 18S.  So any change and, so far, no problem either (80km with 1.07).

15 minutes ago, Olpop said:

Hi @greenhorse, I ride a 14D under 1.07 having updated recently from 1.04 to 1.06 then 1.07, what the app (IOS 3.1) prompted me several times to do and I finally I did it successfully 3 or 4 weeks ago. I noticed some improvement in the speed reduction feature under a certain level of battery when going from 1.04 to 1.06 (feature originally implemented by the 1.05 I never been offered to install) - improvement already discussed in other topics. I didn't experienced any changes from 1.06 to 1.07, I'm not sure 1.07 changes anything on 14D but more probably on 18S.  So any change and, so far, no problem either (80km with 1.07).

Thx. Good to know that 1.07 doesn't have any problems.

Archived