V8 Charger Problem - Output Voltage Drop

z3n

On 4/21/2023 at 3:26 AM, SiViG said:

I've noticed my V8 "finishes" charging at under 82V, it was fine last year, got a multimeter, and the charger outputs 82.4V. I want to dismantle it to try opening the screw, but can't seem to find a way to open the plastic casing. Any pointers?

I saw the same thing on my V8 charger. Inside there's a potentiometer and before I even gave it any movement the voltage jumped back to 84.x volt. Maybe there's a bad connection somewhere. If it drops again I'll have a closer look.

On 4/20/2023 at 10:02 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

There are screws hidden under the 4 rubber feet...

Thanks, I've removed the big sticker to check, but didn't want to rip the feet off.

On 4/22/2023 at 1:37 AM, alcatraz said:

I saw the same thing on my V8 charger. Inside there's a potentiometer and before I even gave it any movement the voltage jumped back to 84.x volt. Maybe there's a bad connection somewhere. If it drops again I'll have a closer look.

Not my case, I've turned the screw about thirty degrees, not sure if I can trust my cheap chinese meter, it currently reads 83.9, plugged in the wheel and will see how it goes...

Some time later

The wheel now reports maximum voltage of 83.4. I've tried turning the screw more, but the meter never registers more than 84.1, so I've dialled it back to 83.9, hope it's good enough

Edited by SiViG

3 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Might want to measure the voltage again after some time. I have a feeling you could see it high again. Like after the charger's been knocked around a bit.

Yeah, thanks, I fear that'll happen, will charge outside for some time, hope BMS will cut off the charging should the voltage increase back...

• Like 1