KingSong 14D Beginner

PuppyLover101

Hey, just bought the 14D from ewheels.com for $1200. Any tips for a beginner? I read and watched A LOT of videos and a lot of ppl say not to update the firmware? So should I not update it?

Also, this app looks really sleek:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cooper.wheellog&rdid=com.cooper.wheellog

I know KingSong uses their own App but i'd rather use this for looking at my statistics. Does this work on the 14D? 

Thanks~!

The price you mention is what eWheels charge for the 14S (larger battery than 14D) but maybe there is more to the deal you made. This dealer is 100% reliable and always offers fair deals.

WheelLog is an excellent app, currently maintained by @palachzzz and I understand it works well with the KingSong wheels. Many of us use it instead of the custom apps. You can search the forum for "WheelLog" to get more information.

I don't have any experience with KingSong so I can't give you any advice on the firmware but there have been warnings about updating on iOS phones. Again, search the forum to learn more.

You can read this thread to get some tips for beginners:

Soemone said that
"Learning to ride a Unicycle is
60% determination,
35% persistence
and 5% sense of balance"

Best of luck with your new wheel and new hobby!:thumbup:

9 hours ago, PuppyLover101 said:

Hey, just bought the 14D from ewheels.com for $1200. Any tips for a beginner? I read and watched A LOT of videos and a lot of ppl say not to update the firmware? So should I not update it?

Also, this app looks really sleek:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cooper.wheellog&rdid=com.cooper.wheellog

I know KingSong uses their own App but i'd rather use this for looking at my statistics. Does this work on the 14D? 

Thanks~!

Nope!

you definitly SHOULD upgrade to the latest firmware, which is 1.05!

The low battery speed management got a LOT better there!

Attention: updating will only work on “new” android and apple app! not on the old ones...

48 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Nope!

you definitly SHOULD upgrade to the latest firmware, which is 1.05!

The low battery speed management got a LOT better there!

Attention: updating will only work on “new” android and apple app! not on the old ones...

Oh okay. Thanks. :) Can you link me to ur app?

1 hour ago, Snurre said:

The price you mention is what eWheels charge for the 14S (larger battery than 14D) but maybe there is more to the deal you made. This dealer is 100% reliable and always offers fair deals.

WheelLog is an excellent app, currently maintained by @palachzzz and I understand it works well with the KingSong wheels. Many of us use it instead of the custom apps. You can search the forum for "WheelLog" to get more information.

I don't have any experience with KingSong so I can't give you any advice on the firmware but there have been warnings about updating on iOS phones. Again, search the forum to learn more.

You can read this thread to get some tips for beginners:

Soemone said that
"Learning to ride a Unicycle is
60% determination,
35% persistence
and 5% sense of balance"

Best of luck with your new wheel and new hobby!:thumbup:

Nah its a 14D. Needed a ligthweight one. $1200 CAD (CAD sucks assss) :(

Archived