Not charging, and plug is arching electricity.

Leedart

Hi guys I have a one week old one e+ and this morning when I went out to use it for the first time for work the unit had no charge. When I got to a plug and tried to plug it in the charger would not light up when I plugged it into the charge port on the unit. It would electricly pop each time I tried to plug it in. I am following the line on the plug to align it to the pins on the inside of the plug. I also noticed that the female end of the plugs are now smoky like they are getting burned by the current. 

Seems like I have a dud.... Any ideas?

You never charged your unit successfully? It will just spark and pop out. What do you mean by green light turn off. if it turn off how do you turn it on again. The green light on the charge should be on when idle or fully charged and turn red when it is charging up the battery.

How do you manage to turn on the green light again? How do you reset the charger?

Sorry I was at work.....

the green light on the charger turns off when I plug it into the unit. When I unplug it it automatically turns back on. I don't have to do anything to turn it off and on. It has been sitting on the charger for three hrs while I've been at work and it will not turn on. It is dead. 

I bought my nine other on eBay. It was shipped directly from the factory/China. I have reached out to the seller and will let you  know if I don't get a response. 

While it probably will not help you now, I suggest for the future, to plug the connector into the wheel first, and then the mains. This way you will spare the wheel connector. This is what I do anyway, also because I think the connector feels a bit fragile.
And your unit seams quite dusty - did you protect the connector with the rubber dust cap when you ride?

Sorry I was at work.....

the green light on the charger turns off when I plug it into the unit. When I unplug it it automatically turns back on. I don't have to do anything to turn it off and on. It has been sitting on the charger for three hrs while I've been at work and it will not turn on. It is dead. 

I bought my nine other on eBay. It was shipped directly from the factory/China. I have reached out to the seller and will let you  know if I don't get a response. 

I would say that there is a short circuit somewhere inside the ninebot. May be in the bms circuit of the battery.

Wow really.,.  If I had not had the cover on the plug the green parts would not be green. More like brown. The dust comes from riding on the street and has nothing to do with the charging. Can you imagine how many problems there would be if dust let alone a wet street would do to this if that's all it takes to break it......?

The numbers listed in the packing material as customer service material are absolutely non working. The English only number answers in foreign language nor are there any English prompts.  I guess this means I will have no choice but to reverse the charge with eBay as my seller has not responded either. Caution to all to only go through a direct dealer or eBay or Amazon so that you have the ability to get your money refunded. If I have to repair this on my own dime at least I will not be out of the 800.00 that I paid..........

Where did you buy your ninebot from? if you dont mind?

Here is how you ask for service if your supplier cannot help you:

https://plus.google.com/+MengkeLi51/posts/eJPUMdRRf1F

I tried to call these numbers and got a random person for the tech person who hung up, as well the customer service number did not connect to anyone durin business hours....

Do you know any other local numbers that may be able to help? Thanks.  

Rotator, because it's new and I am new to it that sounds like I would need to replace parts. I'm thinking it needs to be sent back in and replaced with a new on that works?

Sure!

Just to let you know which could be the reason, and if you have electronics skills may be you would check inside.

I have found a free steel little piece inside the circuit board room (low quality check controls?), who could be caused a short at anytime. I have put a picture of it in another thread.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/815-ninebot-one-e-circuit-board/

Wow really.,.  If I had not had the cover on the plug the green parts would not be green. More like brown. The dust comes from riding on the street and has nothing to do with the charging. Can you imagine how many problems there would be if dust let alone a wet street would do to this if that's all it takes to break it......?

I was only trying to help... I get that the dust where from riding - but the pic does not show the dust cover, hence I asked, trying to understand what was is the cause of the connector failing. Of course there might be some internal issue with the battery or control board.

Dust can be a problem for a connector, since the connection will not be optimal -> generating heat. Yes, water, dust & dirt is bad for electronics.

Sorry to be so snippy I was really frustrated with the situation. There is a dust cover attached it is just hidden behind the foam protection. 

I spoke with a tech and per my problems they are sending me a new motherboard. It seems that mine went bad..... I'll post how it goes when I install it..... I was told it should take about a week to get. 

Hi,

I've got this problem with one of my french Customer, and it's seems like it's not the mother board but your battery. 

Do you have a friend who have a Ninebot? try to put your battery to his 9bot and put your plug, if it's happen again, so it's the battery not the mother board.

Best

Hi,

I've got this problem with one of my french Customer, and it's seems like it's not the mother board but your battery. 

Do you have a friend who have a Ninebot? try to put your battery to his 9bot and put your plug, if it's happen again, so it's the battery not the mother board.

Best

This is one of the ideal process to identify the faulty section.

Yeah man sounds like a battery problem. Something with the bms- I had a similar situation  but from a fall- took the battery out and it was a lose capacitor.

your device is new but since their sending you mother board it won't be a bad idea to take the battery out and do an inspection. I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that you some time put the charging plug in the wrong way.

I accidentally did this, as the guide pin on the charging plug is ridiculously small, and allows the plug to be plugged in the wrong way.

Arching between the plugs sounds very unlikely to me...

Archived