KS18S not unlocking to 50K after 1000K

Richard Layman

Today I got up to 1011 kilometers on my 18S but all the alarms still have 40k as there max setting and I never got a notification that I reached 1000k. The unit was already unlocked before and the manual only says that it will unlock to 50 once you reach 1000. Not sure what's going on.

14 minutes ago, Richard Layman said:

Today I got up to 1011 kilometers on my 18S but all the alarms still have 40k as there max setting and I never got a notification that I reached 1000k. The unit was already unlocked before and the manual only says that it will unlock to 50 once you reach 1000. Not sure what's going on.

You get no notification...

You can set over 40kmH now...but unfortunately that only works on android, on latest version of the old green app, or the new (beta)app, on android.

On iphone not possible,until the new app from Kingsong is in the store. As i have heard it is allready given to apple...just waiting for apple to review it and ‚allow it‘

So if you want to set over 40 NOW...use android...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1.10.2017 at 1:59 AM, Richard Layman said:

Thanks for the reply! I'm currently using Andriod and it will not let me set it to 50; always maxes out at 40. I'm using version 1.4 of the app.

As far as i know there is a 1.6 of the old floating around...try in the Kingsong facebook group under files.

3 hours ago, stevedig said:

Did you ever figure this out?

Mine is being delivered tomorrow and, well... this would kinda suck.

It works with:

the old android app latest version

the new android app

the new IOS app

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Nick R said:

If the bar max can only go  to 40, how were you able to set it to 50  ? 

You just can scroll higher!!!....here from the new app, which has bars to 60:

qfYqHva.png

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

You just can scroll higher!!!....here from the new app, which has bars to 60:

qfYqHva.png

It would be a while before I hit the 1000 km mark.
Does the speed limit unlocks itself at 1000 km or there is something you have to do ?
I already unlocked the unit.  

Even though I have never hit more than 40 kmph yet I came close a few times and got the warning to decelerate. 

14 minutes ago, Nick R said:

It would be a while before I hit the 1000 km mark.
Does the speed limit unlocks itself at 1000 km or there is something you have to do ?
I already unlocked the unit.  

Even though I have never hit more than 40 kmph yet I came close a few times and got the warning to decelerate. 

The speed limit unlocks by itself...no need for codes, actions, etc....

But if you want to set your settings higher-for example tiltback-you have to adjust in the app like you allways do!

Archived