Trust Your Instincts Or Else

CaptainKBLS

We were camping at Rocky Gap State Park in Maryland over a week ago.  I did some trail riding and had to learn a hard lesson.

The trail was narrow and rocky as the name says.  The first sign was my pedal got caught by a fallen down log as I try to ride pass, fell.  There were lots of rocks but I think I can make it, fell again.  It took two tries before my instincts kicked and warned me not to continue, too rocky too rocky.  Of course I didn't listen to my instincts, continued and fell again.  This time my ACM16 caught a loose rock and went spinning out of control and the trolley handle came off.   Luckily I had a velcro with me to hold it together.

One complain about the ACM16 is, while it is powerful, it is somewhat out of control.  When trolleying, it wants to pull, run away and kick dirt at you.  When fallen, it wants to spin and spin when it should really stop otherwise the handle would have been ok.  It is somewhat like Trump, powerful but can't get a grip.  If Gotway can tame this beast it could be a better machine.

Here's some pics.

4 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

This time my ACM16 caught a loose rock and went spinning out of control and the trolley handle came off.   Luckily I had a velcro with me to hold it together.

One complain about the ACM16 is, while it is powerful, it is somewhat out of control.  When trolleying, it wants to pull, run away and kick dirt at you.  When fallen, it wants to spin and spin when it should really stop otherwise the handle would have been ok.  It is somewhat like Trump, powerful but can't get a grip.  If Gotway can tame this beast it could be a better machine.

This is one of the reasons why I don't like Gotways and will stay at the Kingsong brand, at least at the moment. 

I will try Gotways Tesla when I can get hands on one, but I fear it will not change my opinion, I'll see.

The ACM needs a discerning rider who knows what to do and not do with it:) I would not blame the wheel for the inexperienced rider's mistakes (the first one was that ugly, easily shearing off trolley handle;)). But the pedals could indeed be higher (as with any other wheel, even the V8) for offroading.

I formally protest any Trump comparisons on behalf of all ACMs! Laughed, though:D The apt comparison would be "like Trump, when it should stop, it digs itself into a deeper hole and doubles down" - can't deny some truth to that.

Also, would you even have taken a non-Gotway on such a trail? The 16S for example, as great it is otherwise, has the low shell that will easily scratch/touch the trail in the front/back of the wheel when going up/down a "curb"/rock.

Archived