How I get there?

^tom^

Arbee:

You wrote in this forum, but the admin there just told me  it is not public but not how I get there

http://solowheel.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1775

Looks like there some reviews I can not find (read) them!

The forum/group is called "Electric Unicycle Users"

I do not know why it make sense to have "privat" section on one of the rare EU sites, but I do not have do understand everything.

So I  prefer to write here in your own forum..

The owner of that forum is copying contents from my Facebook Group (formerly called "Electric Unicycle Users" until I renamed it) and making it look like the messages were generated on his own forum.  In essence, faking user activity.  Most all content on his forum appear to be real but they are not.
This is what I just posted on my Facebook Group.  I can copy my own content since I'm the original author of this:

Solo Wheela you are STILL scraping (copying content) from my Facebook Group and putting it into your "outside-of-Facebook" forum and set to ONLY let search engines crawl it but not for users to read (tricking users to sign up first).  This kind of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is illegal and can be reported to Google as well as to Facebook for scraping.  I urge you to please stop doing this immediately.

Here is one example LONG AFTER you supposedly "stopped" doing this illegal practice:

This is the link to the content that you are scraping from my Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/744017139029585/

This is the search url that I used:
https://www.google.com/search?num=30&q=%22unicycle+my+legs+start+to+ache+because+I+am+constantly+applying+force+on+the+front+tip+of+my+feet.+I+am+guessing+this+problem+is+more+stronger+on+a+larger+diameter+wheel%22&oq=%22unicycle+my+legs+start+to+ache+because+I+am+constantly+applying+force+on+the+front+tip+of+my+feet.+I+am+guessing+this+problem+is+more+stronger+on+a+larger+diameter+wheel%22&gs_l=serp.3...12548.17371.0.17816.2.2.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.msedr...0...1c.1.60.serp..2.0.0.2q9xUQgSgrQ

OMG!

I am sorry for a man "Solo Wheela" who is from the same country as me!...... I am very sorry and get now really upset!

PRO: I could read all your facebook postings without having a FB account.

You have to go with this link:

solowheel.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22 site:solowheel.info

Why you do not copy all this to your forum? There a lot of good postings and very very intressting and the best i could find so far.

So in this other forum i had a third posting that he never puplished (I do not why, because it was just a normal posting/answer to something) and I do not how long but every posting he has to check and accept befor any one can see it! I never saw something like this in my WWW life!

I will NOT longer write anything there, because all this is not the way beetwen friends who sharing a hobby!

So, will you go further with your facebook postings or it will be here in your forum in the future?

It is very quiet here and I miss activities from other members.

If you can block swiss IP's , maybe it will not longer be possible from this/his server as linking to it. I can go/come online with any IP outside from Switzerland if nessesary.

Maybe you have to block his hoster, if you need any server IP or so, just let me know.

PS: Sorry for my english, I try my best without using a translator

Do you only use Google's CACHE to read it from the URL you linked?

I don't copy to this forum because scraping content from Facebook is against Facebook Terms of Service.

"In 2009 Facebook won one of the first copyright suits against a known web scraper. This laid the groundwork for numerous lawsuits that tie any web scraping with a direct copyright violation and very clear monetary damages. The most recent case being AP v Meltwater, where the courts stripped what is referred to as fair use on the internet."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_scraping

Now that this forum seems to be reasonably active, thanks to you and a few others, I will post and reply regularly.  I have also encouraged many electric unicycle friends to do the same.  I will post everything I post in the group here as well, MANUALLY, and since I'm the original author it's legal.

Blocking Swiss IPs won't do anything.  He can circumvent.  He is tech-savvy as he wrote the bots himself to scrape and simulate human users making each post on his forum with individual accounts that are bot generated and not created by the real users themselves.

Do you only use Google's CACHE to read it from the URL you linked?

Blocking Swiss IPs won't do anything....

I can only read it this way.

If I try it direct what Google did find, I have to login what is not possible.

I do not think he can change his IP routing so easy, because it is not running on his server.

So the server that scraping all your postings has the same IP all the time.

He has at least 3 domains, but all running on the same server (two or three different IP's)

I will send you the IP's per eMail.

Maybe even better; You ask Facebook to block this IP's (I allready send them to you) because of scraping. So who knows they get active or not.

AND

Write Google about this, because Google does not know that there bot server scan ilegal scraped material.

• 1 month later...

Just an update to this issue.  Ever since I posted that January 14th notice, he had stopped scraping contents from my Facebook group and mirroring it to his forum for Google.  It is a good sign (despite him still scraping off his own Facebook group without Facebook nor the content authors' permission).

Archived