Just opened my Msuper 3S+

Hi guys,

Just had the chance to open up my Msuper to have a look like I said so far the ride has been great no problems yet. The pedal screws were very loose when I took them off lucky i did it now cause in a few more days a few more bumps and shakes it might have fallen off.

Anyway I took some photos but I have no idea if its ok or not could you experts please have a look and let me know or if I need to anything else to secure it more.

IMG_2556.JPG

Sure I'll take a jab at it since I'm the official Gotway Quality Control Expert on the boards :smartass: (remind me to show you my realistic looking certificate that I photoshopped).  I might suggest that you examine the wiring from the motor to where it connects to the control board wires at the top of this photo where the two arrows are.  Slide back the individual heat sleeves to take a peek to see if you can make out whether you have the crimped and soldered connectors.  Judging by the date code of 2017-02-03 you likely have the new connectors.  If you are a bit paranoid like me, you could find some heat shrink tubing slightly larger in diameter than the black connector and shrink it over the connector and part of the wire on both sides to add some additional physical retention.  If you have the crimped/soldered connectors this likely is overkill.  I also don't know if the heat sleeve would be too tight to slide back over...

You could also add some similar silicone sealant to secure the two capacitors at the bottom of the photo together and to the board to prevent vibrations stressing the cap legs.  While you're at it, you could add some epoxy to secure the pedal magnet as well.

81f8f5c83d.jpg

Thanks I will take your advice for sure is the pedal magnet on the shell cover. Also I have noticed 2 screws on the cover won't screw tight can I put silicone in the screw hole and then srew it in to hold it better?

Silicone probably won't work that well in that application.  You could try to find a matching screw with a larger bite / thread.  Maybe check to see if the plastic might be stripped around those loose screws by screwing on the screw without the cover.  If it is stripped you could try this:

Archived