Rockwheel GR16 battery.

Kjelsli

• 1 year later...

Hey, Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I just pulled out my wheel again after almos a year of storage. My battery is dead and @1RadWerkstatt was supposed to make a new one for me, but he does not respond to my e-mails anymore. So I was thinking to give it a go by my self. 

I got the welder for the cells already, but I was wondering what kingd of cells I can use? The old ones was some Panasonig INR1860PF, if I remember correctly. Also I have come to the conclution that there were. 14s2p configuration.

I want to add som more power to the battery while I'm at it, so I was wondering If anyone could recommend some cell that would be suitable for my needs? Have been taking a look at the LG HG2 cells, but I'm not sure if the BMC or the motherboard of the EUC can handle it?

Any innput woult be grately appreciated.

Also I have no Idea where to put alle the small wires from the BMC to the cells, so if anyone sits on a wiring diagram or a good picture, that would be awsome. I removed the cables from the pack so I could send them to @1RadWerkstatt, since he didn't have any BMCs for my wheel, so now I'm kinda f*cked ?

I'll upload som e pictures, so you can see what I'm left with.

The old pack doesnt exist anymore, so the only thing I have to go after is the pics, but they don't give me any clues to how to connect the small wires to the BMC. The Big wires I could probably figure out though.

Best regards,

Kjelsli

Cropped bmc cables.jpg

Croppedbmc2.jpg

cropped bmc1.jpg

Cropped.jpg

6 hours ago, Kjelsli said:

I got the welder for the cells already, but I was wondering what kingd of cells I can use? The old ones was some Panasonig INR1860PF, if I remember correctly.

Inr18650pf seems to be a nice cell for EUCs. 

Also I have come to the conclution that there were. 14s2p configuration.

Strange configuration. But could comply with the advertised 296Wh.

I want to add som more power to the battery while I'm at it, so I was wondering If anyone could recommend some cell that would be suitable for my needs? Have been taking a look at the LG HG2 cells, but I'm not sure if the BMC or the motherboard of the EUC can handle it?

Yes, could be that this cells "overburden" the electronics. Or they just make your wheel drive "better".

You'll just know if you try it and something goes up in smoke or not... :(

Also I have no Idea where to put alle the small wires from the BMC to the cells, so if anyone sits on a wiring diagram or a good picture, that would be awsome. I removed the cables from the pack so I could send them to @1RadWerkstatt, since he didn't have any BMCs for my wheel, so now I'm kinda f*cked 

I'll upload som e pictures, so you can see what I'm left with.

Presumably the wires go to all the 15 "places" where 2 paralleled cells connect. Just in order of increasing voltage.

The wire going to b16+ on the bms could be the highest voltage.

The old pack doesnt exist anymore, so the only thing I have to go after is the pics, but they don't give me any clues to how to connect the small wires to the BMC.

Bad decision to not document the wiring to the battery... :(

cropped bmc1.jpg

Seems to be very "unsophisticated" - maybe you could find some better bms somewhere? Alibaba or so...?

Just as safety precaution: li ion fire is best extinguished with water - cools them down and prevents a "chain reaction". And the fumes are quite toxic...

Archived