Poor Lily drone with $34 millions funding, is shutting down!

Planetpapi

2 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Some of you are flying drones while riding EUCs. Thought you would be interested to know.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/11/unable-to-fund-production-of-its-camera-drone-lily-will-shut-down-and-refund-customers/

I had a strong feeling this would happen when the DJI Mavic was released! Lily was almost 18 months behind schedule! Hopefully everyone that paid upfront receives a full refund! One pre-order position recently sold on Ebay. Curious how a secondary transaction refund request will work out. 

I see that quarterback Joe Montana had invested in the company. Sure he is not pleased!

I'm sorry to see this too.

I was an early funder of the Lilly Camera, and after the delays, I got a refund and bought a Mavic, (which is amazing by the way.)

But, if the Lilly did come to market, I could definitely see myself getting one as well.  A waterproof drone with "Follow me" is still something I could see myself using.

For example, I took a hike to Rainbow falls in Hawaii last month, and had to be very careful to keep my Mavic out of the spray zone.  Or using the drone in dusty places like behind my truck when driving in the desert.

Perhaps someone will resurrect Lilly...

Q~

Archived