King song KS-16

EU lover

13 hours ago, Berann Isa Son said:

hi all, is there anyway to revert back the KS-16 speed limit back to 20km/h?

Perhaps you should "cool down" a bit on the Regulation in your Country.....

Even if you have a Inmotion V5F which is 25kmh max....this is not reality max kmh!!!!

If you push Forward on this wheel against its tiltback....you got a Chance that you can and will run 28kmh on this wheel also!

On self balancing unicycles there is no "electronic" max kmh possible! Only tiltback or vibrations can warn you from going "to fast"! If you still lean Forward ALL wheels will go fast until they cutout....

Perhaps you should ask some other Drivers from your Country how the regulations are checked and if is not totally ok to set a wheel to max allowed "tiltback".....

5 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

You just need to set the level 3 alarm and the tiltback to 20 km/h in the App.

You should, however, know, that this is not a REAL speedlimit, but the tiltback will make it at least very difficult to exceed it.

i've checked with the relevant authority, they told me that the limit of the speed have to be done in a way that it couldn't be modified by the user himself. thus i was wondering if i could get the unlocked wheel to become locked again. 

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Perhaps you should "cool down" a bit on the Regulation in your Country.....

Even if you have a Inmotion V5F which is 25kmh max....this is not reality max kmh!!!!

If you push Forward on this wheel against its tiltback....you got a Chance that you can and will run 28kmh on this wheel also!

On self balancing unicycles there is no "electronic" max kmh possible! Only tiltback or vibrations can warn you from going "to fast"! If you still lean Forward ALL wheels will go fast until they cutout....

Perhaps you should ask some other Drivers from your Country how the regulations are checked and if is not totally ok to set a wheel to max allowed "tiltback".....

the rules n regulations are actually aimed at e-scooter n ebike, cos most accidents involving pedestrians came from them. As for unicycle, i think they are more lax with it. however, i have a better safe than sorry mentality lol.

i read that by using another mobile phone to download the KS app to connect the KS-16 again will revert it back to its locked state, wonder how true is that.

And is it true that after a certain mileage, the KS-16 will unlocked itself?

3 minutes ago, Berann Isa Son said:

however, i have a better safe than sorry mentality lol.

i understand

3 minutes ago, Berann Isa Son said:

And is it true that after a certain mileage, the KS-16 will unlocked itself?

Yes, after 100km the wheel unlocked itself....but what i mean:

I mean-even if a wheel like V5F has a "announced max" of 25kmh....You CAN drive it a bit faster.....

For sure there are some KS16 or Msuper or Inmotion V8 owners in your Country.....cant you speak to them about their experience with Regulation?

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i understand

Yes, after 100km the wheel unlocked itself....but what i mean:

I mean-even if a wheel like V5F has a "announced max" of 25kmh....You CAN drive it a bit faster.....

For sure there are some KS16 or Msuper or Inmotion V8 owners in your Country.....cant you speak to them about their experience with Regulation?

yeah i'll asked them about it, though i think they still aren't certain what's the govt stance on euc. hopefully it'll turn out well.

Yes you can ride a V5F at 25 km/h but only on tiltback. You'll reach 26 or 27 km/h but only for a few seconds normally, 25 km/h is practically the top cruising speed. The max comfortable cruising speed is about 23 km/h and I use -3° forward tilt. I guess if I put it to 0° it would be more like 21 or 22 km/h..

The V8 is probably a better example of how a 25 km/h EUC should be limited in my opinion, that's the max speed it does without tiltback. I really think the V8 should be allowed if the speed limit is 25 km/h, I don't think anyone rides it at 30 km/h. If you set the V8 to 30 km/h (max possible) it will START tilting back at 25 km/h.

But if you set the tiltback speed to 25 km/h for example on a Gotway it will START tilting back at 25 km/h, I think King Song does it the same way. So there is no "tiltback setting" on the Inmotion wheels, you can only set "max speed". If you ride responsibly I don't think anyone will bother you on a V5F, V5F+ or a V8. It's only if you have a King Song or Gotway that they might, they can hear the noise!

On 12.1.2017 at 0:00 AM, Berann Isa Son said:

hi all, is there anyway to revert back the KS-16 speed limit back to 20km/h?

I don't know, but maybe it goes back to locked state if you reinstall the firmware?

5 hours ago, Frode said:

I don't know, but maybe it goes back to locked state if you reinstall the firmware?

thats what i've heard from some KS user, the ks-16 to revert back to its locked state once u paired it with another phone. 

but i don think it helped much in my case cos the wheel's gonna unlocked itself after 100km.

Archived