ACM lock switch

Ash

I went to my local gym on my wheel the other day and sadly, the ACM doesn't fit in the lockers that they've got. I was thinking on just using a bike lock through the large handle and chaining it to something solid in the changing room. My worry is that someone will interfere and try and switch it on though.

Having given it some thought, I wondered if the USB port on the front could be replaced (I have no need for it) with an locking switch that isolated the primary switch. Something like this

I'm a complete electrical novice so would appreciate if someone could offer any guidance as to how feasible this is? Is the wiring inside the ACM suitable/is soldering involved etc?

54 minutes ago, Ash said:

Fui a mi gimnasio local en mi volante hacia el otro día y por desgracia, el ACM no cabe en las taquillas que lo que tienen. Estaba pensando en simplemente utilizando un candado a través de la manija grande y encadenar a algo sólido en el vestuario. Mi preocupación es que alguien va a interferir y tratar de encenderlo sin embargo.

Después de haber dado un poco de pensamiento, me preguntaba si el puerto USB en la parte frontal podría ser reemplazado (no tengo necesidad de ello) con un interruptor de bloqueo que aísla el interruptor principal. Algo como esto

Soy un novato eléctrico completo por lo que agradecería si alguien pudiera ofrecer cualquier orientación en cuanto a qué tan factible es esto? ¿Está el cableado dentro de la ACM adecuada / está soldando involucrados etc?

And put the padlock, but putting the acm in a bag, not to have access to the boot button? Just have to make a few holes in the bag, can also serve for emergencies in case of no battery, travel

On 6 December 2016 at 11:38 AM, Ash said:

Having given it some thought, I wondered if the USB port on the front could be replaced (I have no need for it) with an locking switch that isolated the primary switch. Something like this

Hi @Ash I have wondered the exact same thing.  In fact I'm wondering why a key switch like this isn't supplied as standard.  Some of these things cost $2000, and if you chain it up in public there is no system to stop some meddling idiot from turning it on and messing it up or even hurting someone.  Imagine if this interfering asp hole switches it on and manages to get it wedged under something; there goes your control board or main fuse.  Or imagine they pick it up and grab the tire to see how strong the motor is; bye bye fingers.  Serves him right you say.  Except in the US and probably other places too, there is a concept know as "attractive nuisance doctrine  ".  Basically, if a child is drawn to your attractive shiny toy (let's say a motorcycle) and it topples on him or he burns himself on the exhaust, you could be liable. It is supposed to apply to things on your land, but, in a litigious society any one can be sued for anything.

heres what wiki says:

"The attractive nuisance doctrine applies to the law of torts, in the United States. It states that a landowner may be held liable for injuries to children trespassing on the land if the injury is caused by an object on the land that is likely to attract children."

Archived