Protective Equipment

Chickenhoss

Here is one: Protective Wear Suggestions for EUC Riding
I haven't visited it for a while but it may be mostly about helmets, though.

A lot of talk about protective gear also appears embedded within threads targeted at other subjects, ususally accident-related.

How fast and risky are you riding ? While I was pottering about on my Airwheel I used only standard wrist braces, which cost almost nothing at my local cycle shop. They came in a mesh bag with knee and elbow pads that I never really wore. But they saved my piano-playing, living-earning wrists from disaster on several occasions, so I never leave the house without them.

Now I am on a much more powerful and speedy machine, my armour has gone up a league, and now I have a 661 pressure suit 2016 with integrated back, chest, shoulder, elbow armour, which I cannot recommend enough. I still use the original knee pads and wrist braces, but now I feel pretty secure that in most falls, even at high speed, I should be able to get up and wheel away... having said that, I have never fallen off my MS3, so I haven't yet tested my armour under duress.

A lot of people think helmets are important - I'm not really one of them, as experience has taught me you always fall forwards, with your hands down first, and in that circumstance, you are very unlucky if your head makes contact with the ground. That may not be true at the higher speeds, when falling backwards or in all cases, but I fell off my Airwheel quite a lot initially, and never hit my head once. Perhaps I should say ' I haven't hit my head yet'... Anyway, being slightly over-cautious I did get a fairly cheap but well-made Shox Bullet helmet, but even on my speedy wheel I find myself only wearing it on very cold, windy or icy days, and then it's more about protection from the elements than protection from falls; it's for comfort reasons mainly.

CBR

46 minutes ago, Snurre said:

Here is one: Protective Wear Suggestions for EUC Riding
I haven't visited it for a while but it may be mostly about helmets, though.

A lot of talk about protective gear also appears embedded within threads targeted at other subjects, ususally accident-related.

Thanks - lots of good information!

29 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

How fast and risky are you riding ? While I was pottering about on my Airwheel I used only standard wrist braces, which cost almost nothing at my local cycle shop. They came in a mesh bag with knee and elbow pads that I never really wore. But they saved my piano-playing, living-earning wrists from disaster on several occasions, so I never leave the house without them.

Now I am on a much more powerful and speedy machine, my armour has gone up a league, and now I have a 661 pressure suit 2016 with integrated back, chest, shoulder, elbow armour, which I cannot recommend enough. I still use the original knee pads and wrist braces, but now I feel pretty secure that in most falls, even at high speed, I should be able to get up and wheel away... having said that, I have never fallen off my MS3, so I haven't yet tested my armour under duress.

A lot of people think helmets are important - I'm not really one of them, as experience has taught me you always fall forwards, with your hands down first, and in that circumstance, you are very unlucky if your head makes contact with the ground. That may not be true at the higher speeds, when falling backwards or in all cases, but I fell off my Airwheel quite a lot initially, and never hit my head once. Perhaps I should say ' I haven't hit my head yet'... Anyway, being slightly over-cautious I did get a fairly cheap but well-made Shox Bullet helmet, but even on my speedy wheel I find myself only wearing it on very cold, windy or icy days, and then it's more about protection from the elements than protection from falls; it's for comfort reasons mainly.

CBR

Well eventually up to it's max. I have ordered the standard knee, wrist and elbow package and will test those out first. This may be enough for my purposes. But the entire suit sounds interesting. Where do you purchase that and for how much?

Just now, Chickenhoss said:

Well eventually up to it's max. I have ordered the standard knee, wrist and elbow package and will test those out first. This may be enough for my purposes. But the entire suit sounds interesting. Where do you purchase that and for how much?

Ah just answered my own question - found it online already.

Depends on the risk that you are going to assume, for me the helmet of skater is the most suitable and the typical equipment of elbow pads, option 2 is the armor of biker and the price is 35 euros or more and 3 option is the clothes of biker With protentions in the interior,

RESEM7925166B.jpg

-font-b-Motorcycle-b-font-Full-Body-font-b-Armor-b-font-font-b-Jacket.jpg

protecciones.jpg

Archived