Southern California Chapter ride this Sunday, November 6th 2016

Marty Backe

Griffith Park Ride at 9am this coming Sunday - remember daylight savings ends Saturday night.

We will be meeting in the Parking lot just north of the Greek Theater, at the base of road that leads up to the Griffith Observatory.

Today's ride will take the dirt road up the front of the mountain to the Helipad and returning via the back roads through the LA Zoo and back to the parking lot.

Please post a message here if you intend on joining the ride and we'll be sure to wait for you.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Griffith Park Ride at 9am this coming Sunday - remember daylight savings ends Saturday night.

We will be meeting in the Parking lot just north of the Greek Theater, at the base of road that leads up to the Griffith Observatory.

Today's ride will take the dirt road up the front of the mountain to the Helipad and returning via the back roads through the LA Zoo and back to the parking lot.

Please post a message here if you intend on joining the ride and we'll be sure to wait for you.

sounds awesome, marty

how long will that ride be?

i hope you will post the track from your phone app when you get home.

be safe... which wheel will YOU ride this weekend?

2 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

sounds awesome, marty

how long will that ride be?

i hope you will post the track from your phone app when you get home.

be safe... which wheel will YOU ride this weekend?

Nobody may be joining me, but I want to try this new route. I'm riding the MSuper on this one. These rides usually last upwards of 2 hours.

I'll post some follow-on pictures/maps afterwards

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Nobody may be joining me, but I want to try this new route. I'm riding the MSuper on this one. These rides usually last upwards of 2 hours.

I'll post some follow-on pictures/maps afterwards

i'm studying google maps/earth right now. can't find the helipad but seeing everything else. should be amazing... looks like an awesome time

1 minute ago, Greg Spalding said:

i'm studying google maps/earth right now. can't find the helipad but seeing everything else. should be amazing... looks like an awesome time

Here it is: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Griffith+Helipad/@34.1236411,-118.2853687,412m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x4731b4ee89bae4aa!2sGriffith+Park!3b1!8m2!3d34.1365544!4d-118.2942!3m4!1s0x0:0x28e31b9127b569bd!8m2!3d34.1236002!4d-118.2851815

Archived