Electric unicycle tow-surfing in Cape Town

antberz

14 hours ago, antberz said:

Awesome video and concept! Keep coming up with new ideas! Maybe I should start a new contest; 'Best Innovative Ways To Utilize an EUC' :cheers:

First of all, our beaches (CLEARWATER BEACH/recently named the number one beach in the United States, including Hawaii) look exactly like that the same color sand and gentle slope. What you are doing there COULD be done here.... My only question to you is this: how long do you really think electronic unicycle with glass with the saltwater invading the innards on a regular basis, or even ONCE? I would imagine they would stop working after two weeks. Have you done something different to your wheel to prevent that disaster? 

I appreciate the video looks like an awesome time and I would certainly get a lot of looks here from doing the same thing, but I don't want to treat my EUC as if it were "disposable."

Hi Greg

Sure, I considered this aspect and would not normally ride in such territory. 

I stayed on the dry sand, so made sure to get no direct salt water contact. I believe this King Song unit is fairly water resistant and would not anticipate any damage would have been caused. I would not do it regularly, but would like to revisit it a few times for sure. Would be great to find a spot where there is a paved slab along a piece of water, lagoon or ideally beach break- hard to come by I am sure..

When I was finished, there was no moisture inside the wheel casing around the wheel - sure there was beach sand caked on the tyre, which I gave a rinse with fresh water. I am always interested to see what these products can withstand, as I am reselling them. A couple of weeks have gone by since the video was shot, and no issues with my KS-16- I do not anticipate any issues either, but would not recommend much of this kind of use. When I am still riding the same uint in 10000km, I may change my perspective on this : )

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome video and concept! Keep coming up with new ideas! Maybe I should start a new contest; 'Best Innovative Ways To Utilize an EUC' :cheers:

Thanks- that's a good idea! I would be keen to explore this further for sure

I arranged some slalom time trials- could be a fun way for global fun/ competitive interaction. A standard course with 10 cones, each spaced 1.5 m apart with two extra cones on either side of the fist one (1m out), as markers for start and finish- I could post a video example if you are interested?

https://web.facebook.com/iroll.co.za/videos/1733119153616540/

41 minutes ago, antberz said:

Hi Greg

Sure, I considered this aspect and would not normally ride in such territory. 

I stayed on the dry sand, so made sure to get no direct salt water contact. I believe this King Song unit is fairly water resistant and would not anticipate any damage would have been caused. I would not do it regularly, but would like to revisit it a few times for sure. Would be great to find a spot where there is a paved slab along a piece of water, lagoon or ideally beach break- hard to come by I am sure..

When I was finished, there was no moisture inside the wheel casing around the wheel - sure there was beach sand caked on the tyre, which I gave a rinse with fresh water. I am always interested to see what these products can withstand, as I am reselling them. A couple of weeks have gone by since the video was shot, and no issues with my KS-16- I do not anticipate any issues either, but would not recommend much of this kind of use. When I am still riding the same uint in 10000km, I may change my perspective on this : )

How nice of you to reply

I fully understand what you are saying and I agree. It is amazing how the beach where I am looks a lot like yours and I look forward to attempting to do something like this as well. It makes me excited to be able to have others see my EUC because there have not been many adopters in this part of the United States, unfortunately. Perhaps that would change a bit. once I ride in more populated areas.... in a safe and respectful manner, of course.

Again, thank you so much for your reply and clarification

Archived