Unexpected benefit to riding an EUC

Gormash

I've been riding EUCs for about six weeks now, and today I discovered a REALLY nice benefit that I had not expected.

I occationally suffer from gout. Done so for the past 12 years, usually once or twice each year. In case you don't know what gout is, it's a condition where uric acid crystalizes within a joint (most commonly at the base of the big toe) so that even the tiniest touch or movement cause excrutiating pains. I've broken a toe before, and the pain is reminicent of holding the broken toe and grinding the edges together. Even breething on it is painful.

And I woke ut with this today...  >_<
In my left knee this time. Aaaand I had to shop some groceries.
The trip to the store usually takes me 10 minutes to walk one way, but previous cases with gout I've spent 25-30 minutes hobbling along on crutches.

On a whim I decided to try riding my NB1 E+ instead of walking, thinking that it coulddn't be MORE painful than walking.
And WOW, that was a plesant trip. No pain and no problem getting on or off. Not even slight bumps gave me any discomfort. And it took me less than 5 minutes as well.

I didn't want to learn unicycling for this reason, but it's turned out to be a major asset, and not just for fun. Me happy!  ^_^

14 hours ago, Gormash said:

I occationally suffer from gout. Done so for the past 12 years, usually once or twice each year. In case you don't know what gout is, it's a condition where uric acid crystalizes within a joint (most commonly at the base of the big toe) so that even the tiniest touch or movement cause excrutiating pains. I've broken a toe before, and the pain is reminicent of holding the broken toe and grinding the edges together. Even breething on it is painful.

Have you tried Goutrin? It is available in Amazon and is quite effective. I use it occasionally when symptoms of gout appear and in my case, it it helps prevent aggravation.

2 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Have you tried Goutrin? It is available in Amazon and is quite effective. I use it occasionally when symptoms of gout appear and in my case, it it helps prevent aggravation.

No, I have Allopurinol which is basically the same thing. But I don't have a strong dose, so sometimes I get a vicious attack that the medication doesn't know how to handle.
Thanks for the tip, though.  :)

3 hours ago, Gormash said:

No, I have Allopurinol which is basically the same thing. But I don't have a strong dose, so sometimes I get a vicious attack that the medication doesn't know how to handle.

Check out the reviews of Goutrin at Amazon. It is an herbal medication and is not the same as allopurinol.

Archived