Introducing myself from Barcelona with my X3

ogutierr

Hi everybody,

This is Carlos, from Barcelona.

I own a X3 model since last week. I started with the mini wheels + belt for 30 minutes aprox. Next day I put off the left mini wheel and tried to improve my balance within it. Yesterday (third day) I spent 30 more minutos improving and I can turn to the left. I was turning a lot of time and I got sick. Today I will try within the right wheel :D should I put the left one this time to get confidence or without both?

And one mroe question... when I go straight I've no problems, no strage sensations, but when I turn to the left, a close turn, I have the sensation that the X3 goes down. I don't know how to explai it... may be I do a lot of pressure doing the turn?

Hi again,

I was rolling yesterday changing the mini wheel to opposite side. Now  the mini wheel is installed on the right and I was trying the right turns..... OMG !!! I think it was worse than the left turn. May be my balance is better turning to the left. When I did snowboard, I had the same impression. (I'm regular, with my left leg on the front)

I will try and keep improving this weekend. When I get more experience I will try to start without a wall to start moving.

thanks in advance

Hi Carlos. 

The first thing I would suggest is to stop using the mini wheels immediately. 

They are a good idea to help you understand the way to control your forward and back movement, but one you do understand that leaving them on will only slow down your learning. 

Once you have had a try without them altogether, come back with any questions you may have...

yes. you're right. 

I will remove both today. I wanted to do thar yesterday, when I controlled the left turn, but it was so difficult for me turning to the right. Tha was the reason I didn't remove the mini wheel.

I will tell you something tomorrow ;)

thank!!!

Welcome to the EUC crowd, Carlos! Cngratulations!

12 hours ago, ogutierr said:

And one mroe question... when I go straight I've no problems, no strage sensations, but when I turn to the left, a close turn, I have the sensation that the X3 goes down. I don't know how to explai it... may be I do a lot of pressure doing the turn?

That is perfectly normal behaviour and right explanation - EUC leans you into the turn so you get tighter turns. My EUC does that too.

That is perfectly normal behaviour and right explanation - EUC leans you into the turn so you get tighter turns. My EUC does that too.

Thanks for your answer.

I was trying last friday night without wheels. I can turn well as said to the left. to the right still a bit difficult yet.

Sometimes I can start rolling without a wall to stand up, so that's good :)

but I need to practice more and more. 

this week I will try in a square or in the parking of a big supermarket (when it's closed) because I can do large turns in my parking :)

one more question... I was rolling with the led lights and power button on the right of the direction, but yesterday I saw one arrow painted in the wheel and the direction is wrong... may be I need to change the orientation of the unicycle? or it doesn't matter?

thaks a lot.

@ogutierr Practice makes the master! In a few days you will be riding around and smile about your first try wondering why it was so difficult ;)

Direction is not something you need to think about on an EUC as there are really no "front" or "back". Especially  on X3's symmetrical design. Just ride it as it is comfortable for you (ie press the power button by right or left hand).

Archived