Longest adventure on KingSong 18 so far

Flash

From Hestra - Gislaved - Anderstorp - Gnosjö - Nissafors - Hestra about 70 km , stopped at BurgerKing Gislaved and Willys supermarket and Bernts cafe Gnosjö , from Gnosjö a mix with gravel roads in the forrest and asphalt roads , listening to music and enjoying the ride , last 5 km was a little bit horror ride , would the battery last ? , it did , I had 7-12 % at my door , used only 1,3 kilowatt , measured this morning 2 aug. after full charge , before after full charge it was 93% now when I used almost all energy , only 7-12% battery left then it charged full 100% and shows 120 km mileage in the app., will update to the latest firmware 1.22 now , tellyho here we go , app and away it's a sunny day

Photos

Video

Video destination

Full charge & update

That is pretty amazing - 70km, partly on dirt roads, and still got some miles left in the battery! An all on 1,3kwh. It is literally cheaper than walking. One couldn't have walked 70km on food equivalent to the price of 1,3kwh of electricity.

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎27 at 5:29 PM, mhpr262 said:

That is pretty amazing - 70km, partly on dirt roads, and still got some miles left in the battery! An all on 1,3kwh. It is literally cheaper than walking. One couldn't have walked 70km on food equivalent to the price of 1,3kwh of electricity.

Yes you're right , it's a world saver to use this instead of car bus suv , also 0.3 % of Sahara with solar panels would be enough to give all electricity whole Europe needs , I will buy solar panels for my euc later from China , I really don't understand why dirty government leaders in the world burn coal and use nuclear power at all when we could pay poor people in Africa some money to use their land for solar panels , Planet Earth or is it Planet Nuts ?

3 minutes ago, Bjorn H said:

Yes you're right , it's a world saver to use this instead of car bus suv , also 0.3 % of Sahara with solar panels would be enough to give all electricity whole Europe needs , I will buy solar panels for my euc later from China , I really don't understand why dirty government leaders in the world burn coal and use nuclear power at all when we could pay poor people in Africa some money to use their land for solar panels , Planet Earth or is it Planet Nuts ?

While I'm definitely in no way against solar power; how do you plan to transfer the energy from Africa to, say, Sweden?

17 minutes ago, Bjorn H said:

With Supraconductors

Supraconductors

Nice idea, except if they were feasible, they'd be used everywhere for transporting electricity... ;)  Keeping the temperature low enough in non-laboratory setting 24/7 is a bit difficult :P

Also, one needs to think about the cost of things; are you ready to pay, say, 20-fold increase in your electricity bill to cover for the costs? There needs to be personnel to replace broken panels, the desert is very harsh environment for equipment, very hot during the day, and can drop to freezing in the night. Sand storms will "sand blast" the panel surfaces, which probably again means replacing them. The transport of electricity needs a huge infrastructure (power transfer grid) to be built etc...

I also have an idea: there's lots and lots of thermal energy inside the earth. "Just" drill a hole of some tens (?) of kilometers into the earth and extract the heat. Kinda like ground heat pumps do in small scale today. The problem? The "Kola Superdeep Borehole", which probably still is the deepest man-made hole ever, is about 12.2km deep, took something like 20 years to drill and probably cost quite a lot. Oh, and it's also about 20cm wide. ;)  But there's around 180 degrees celsius at the bottom...

12 minutes ago, esaj said:

Nice idea, except if they were feasible, they'd be used everywhere for transporting electricity... ;)  Keeping the temperature low enough in non-laboratory setting 24/7 is a bit difficult :P

Also, one needs to think about the cost of things; are you ready to pay, say, 20-fold increase in your electricity bill to cover for the costs? There needs to be personnel to replace broken panels, the desert is very harsh environment for equipment, very hot during the day, and can drop to freezing in the night. Sand storms will "sand blast" the panel surfaces, which probably again means replacing them. The transport of electricity needs a huge infrastructure (power transfer grid) to be built etc...

I also have an idea: there's lots and lots of thermal energy inside the earth. "Just" drill a hole of some tens (?) of kilometers into the earth and extract the heat. Kinda like ground heat pumps do in small scale today. The problem? The "Kola Superdeep Borehole", which probably still is the deepest man-made hole ever, is about 12.2km deep, took something like 20 years to drill and probably cost quite a lot. Oh, and it's also about 20cm wide. ;)  But there's around 180 degrees celsius at the bottom...

Yes how much did it cost ?  Fukushima ?  Chernobyl ? , Melting the ice with fossile fuel ? Destroying our planet , making smog clouds in for example China so no one can breathe ?
, ending life on endagered animals , cutting forrest we need for oxygen

Money is not a world saver, better smarter government & company leaders is , rich people could spend their money on saving earth instead of drinking tons of whiskey

Great idea with a hole into earth and collect energy but we have the sun

4 minutes ago, Bjorn H said:

Yes how much did it cost ?  Fukushima ?  Chernobyl ? , Melting the ice with fossile fuel ? Destroying our planet , making smog clouds in for example China so no one can breathe ?
, ending life on endagered animals , cutting forrest we need for oxygen

Money is not a world saver, better smarter government & company leaders is , rich people could spend their money on saving earth instead of drinking tons of whiskey

You forgot Three Mile Island... but anyway, I'm not against the idea, just that transferring energy from Africa all the way to Nordic countries seems a bit far-fetched (but it could work very well for Southern Europe, for example). And yes, it would be nice if the super rich covered the bill, but I doubt it's going to happen. So being realistic, the cost of the system would be handed over to the customers, and even if it were technically feasible, no company would pick up the project unless they know it's going to make some profit (ie. enough customers ready to pay extra vs. current electricity production prices). Sad, but (I believe) true.

8 minutes ago, esaj said:

You forgot Three Mile Island... but anyway, I'm not against the idea, just that transferring energy from Africa all the way to Nordic countries seems a bit far-fetched (but it could work very well for Southern Europe, for example). And yes, it would be nice if the super rich covered the bill, but I doubt it's going to happen. So being realistic, the cost of the system would be handed over to the customers, and even if it were technically feasible, no company would pick up the project unless they know it's going to make some profit (ie. enough customers ready to pay extra vs. current electricity production prices). Sad, but (I believe) true.

ofcourse we have to pay for electricity as before , so nothing will change , the rich will get richer and they can continue drinking tons of whiskey but with a much healthier cleaner earth , the only way to be independent is to buy our own solar panels from China to use in the backyard

Archived