KS 18A Bluetooth Audio with Apple iOS not working?

da_toni

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and wanted to share my experiences with my new Kingsong KS18A Wheel with 1200W motor and 1360Wh battery.  Does anybody use already the bluetooth music streaming function with Apple iPhones? With the actually firmware version 1.20 it is not working at my unit. I already downloaded the "new Kingsong" App from the Appstore which is working fine for Speed monitoring, etc. but no music playback function on Apple iPhone... Is it working on Android? Who has expierience with it? Thanks for your replies. ;)

ks18a.jpg

I found out, that my model seems to be newer, because there is also the newer Brand Logo changed. I bought it from Aliexpress. (And the seller with 100% positive rating gave me that info)

At this model the touch button from light and the touch button from bluetooth are gone. Maybe Kingsong found out that at the 2015 models with touch button the touchinput reactions are sometimes bad.

:DSo i finallyfound a solution to get the audio playback done by this model.

I just unmuted in the  new Kingsong App for iPhone the megaphone button. It tells me "Hello Kingsong" which is shocking loud ;D

After this is activated i can find in the Bluetooth settings of the iPhone "KingSongMusic".

Simply connect and the music is playing out of the 4 speakers like a charm. ;)

16 minutes ago, da_toni said:

I found out, that my model seems to be newer, because there is also the newer Brand Logo changed. I bought it from Aliexpress. (And the seller with 100% positive rating gave me that info)

At this model the touch button from light and the touch button from bluetooth are gone. Maybe Kingsong found out that at the 2015 models with touch button the touchinput reactions are sometimes bad.

:DSo i finallyfound a solution to get the audio playback done by this model.

I just unmuted in the  new Kingsong App for iPhone the megaphone button. It tells me "Hello Kingsong" which is shocking loud ;D

After this is activated i can find in the Bluetooth settings of the iPhone "KingSongMusic".

Simply connect and the music is playing out of the 4 speakers like a charm. ;)

Then you really have a new board...which ...when it is speaking is more like the KS16 board...and firming under "KingSongMusic"!

Normally it was just named "Kingsong" under Bluetooth....

The "KSwheels" Name on Pad is not "brand new"....it is the Name under which KingSong sells their wheel (only) in China since the beginning of 2016!

They do that, so there is a "difference" between their Exported expensive brand and the Chinese Version.....

Thanks for your reply. (und schöne Grüße an die Nachbarn ;))

So do you think that the quality of this imported device can be worse, or is the only difference the brand logo?

By the way, the unicycle was delivered with the latest firmware 1.20. (so i did no update of the KS18 yet)

I set the level 1 and 2 alarm to 0, the level 3 alarm to 35km/h and the olly speed regulation to 38km/h. But i really do feel comfortable with that setting. :)  Which setting would you prefer? Today I drove the first time with my new wheel to work (about 11km one direction) and it felt so good driving this device. :D I had experience with an Airwheel X8 and an 14" cheap noname unit (which are still working quite good) but the differences are enormous!

2 hours ago, da_toni said:

Thanks for your reply. (und schöne Grüße an die Nachbarn ;))

So do you think that the quality of this imported device can be worse, or is the only difference the brand logo?

By the way, the unicycle was delivered with the latest firmware 1.20. (so i did no update of the KS18 yet)

I set the level 1 and 2 alarm to 0, the level 3 alarm to 35km/h and the olly speed regulation to 38km/h. But i really do feel comfortable with that setting. :)  Which setting would you prefer? Today I drove the first time with my new wheel to work (about 11km one direction) and it felt so good driving this device. :D I had experience with an Airwheel X8 and an 14" cheap noname unit (which are still working quite good) but the differences are enormous!

hast ne PM....

9 minutes ago, peppuzzo said:

what is the difference between ks an export version? 

that is something nobody knows...as i have a chinese 18 and know the european version....i would say: nothing you can see from the outside....beside the pad name...everywhere else (pedals, stickers, hull etc) is still named KingSong and looks the same!

But i am sure our european distributors or KingSong would tell you something other :-)

Archived