E+ wobbly at slow speeds

Jdestef

Recently my e+ (1500 miles) has a wobbly feel at slow speeds.  When I stop and spin the wheel and look at it closely it appears to be perfectly smooth with no oscillations from the rim as if it might be bent. It spins in, what I can tell, a perfect circle.

What are the chances it's my tire vs something else?  All 1500 miles are on the same tire. 

Maybe you have some imbalance from the tube (it got messed up within the tire)?

I'd assume you checked your tire pressure to be in the right range?

Could it be that your mainboard got bad? That there are some controlling issues at slower speeds - so that there are some glitches/hickups/spikes/or whatever in the balancing which induce some wobbling to the driver? Maybe you can notice something lifting the turned on wheel and balancing it carefully so it just turns slowly. Could maybe show something, but this no-load situation could also be totaly different from a load situation (real driving).

16 hours ago, Jdestef said:

Recently my e+ (1500 miles) has a wobbly feel at slow speeds.  When I stop and spin the wheel and look at it closely it appears to be perfectly smooth with no oscillations from the rim as if it might be bent. It spins in, what I can tell, a perfect circle.

What are the chances it's my tire vs something else?  All 1500 miles are on the same tire. 

Hi, As @Chriull has mentioned, tyre pressure or the inner tube bulging in a certain spot could have this effect. 

Another possibility may be that the bolts that hold the shells to the "spine" of the NB1 may have worn through - this happened to me and caused the wheel to feel wobbly at low speeds and was resolved by replacing the shells. I did take some photos of the damage so will try and find them and add to the post. It's something you can check if/when you change the tyre. For comparison, I have done about 2400 Km and am on my 3rd tyre.

I was riding (E+) at 3 riding mode for several months.  Then some weeks ago I switched to 7.

Yesterday I switched back to 3 and the wheel was wobbling like crazy at slow speed.  I was afraid to go any fast, so I only know how it is when slow.  Now I have set the riding mode to 6 and it's OK.

I will need to do more tests.  Maybe I just forgot the riding technique on 3 - this would indicate the wheel is OK and that would be good.  But it may be that my wheel is broken, I would need to send it to guarantee and buy another wheel - that would also be good.

Archived