Ks14C USB port?

Fernembo

Hi everyone :o)

Just ordered my (first ever) Ks14C 340Wh and I was surprised to see it does not have a USB port as I thought it would. It is actually not a big deal, as I don't have much use for it, but was wondering whether this is normal...? I thought all 14c had one.

Thank you and regards from Spain :o)

(I am currently away form home and can not post any pics of my USB port-less Ks)

F

I guess it can be used to charge your phone and other USB friendly devices...

I see, I am just asking as in all the reviews I saw before buying my wheel it looked like they all had a USB port.

1 hour ago, Fernembo said:

Hi everyone :o)

Just ordered my (first ever) Ks14C 340Wh and I was surprised to see it does not have a USB port as I thought it would. It is actually not a big deal, as I don't have much use for it, but was wondering whether this is normal...? I thought all 14c had one.

Thank you and regards from Spain :o)

(I am currently away form home and can not post any pics of my USB port-less Ks)

F

Hy,

only the very first Versions of KS14c have had a USB Port....It was designed away because at this Position you do not want to have a hole, where water can get in!!!

28 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

only the very first Versions of KS14c have had a USB Port....It was designed away because at this Position you do not want to have a hole, where water can get in!!!

I'm not sure about the KS-16, but I think on the KS-14 the USB port is still there on the main board but the opening to access it in the top panel is not. @KingSong69 is right though, the first thing I did with my earlier KS-14 was tape over the USB port as the little plastic cap it was supplied with disappeared on my very first ride and, I understand, that is what happened to most people.

@Fernembo is also correct, the USB port is (was) provided to charge your mobile phone, etc. 

1 minute ago, Keith said:

I'm not sure about the KS-16, but I think on the KS-14 the USB port is still there on the main board but the opening to access it in the top panel is not. @KingSong69 is right though, the first thing I did with my earlier KS-14 was tape over the USB port as the little plastic cap it was supplied with disappeared on my very first ride and, I understand, that is what happened to most people.

@Fernembo is also correct, the USB port is (was) provided to charge your mobile phone, etc. 

As i know the Version 2 still had the port under the Hood, with no opening...but with Mk3 it is even not on the Board anymore....(so far as i know :-) )

Archived