Best App version (APK) to use for Mini Pro

Hey People,

I think from the various threads but mainly this awesome one from Denniss and Alexander we all know the best firmware version for the Ninebot Mini Pro is 1.1.7.

I bought my white Ninebot Mini Pro from Falcon and was super pleased until the updates of the firmware. The thread above was a lifesaver now I enjoy riding it again.

Next thing I would like to do is install the best possible app version. So some of the older app APK's are located here.

However I am not sure which one is the best to use (until custom ROM's start coming that allow us to set max speed ourselves and we can manually look and install updates instead of getting notification everytime! ;-)

From a post on page four of the the thread mentioned above one user mentioned that depending on the app version the allowed max speed was different (which surprised me as I thought it was firmware controlled). He mentioned that the app version he used to get that were below 3.4. Unfortunately on this page when trying to download anything below 3.4 I get an error. 

So what I would like to do in this post:

• People saying what they think are the best app versions to use with the ninebot.
  • Any specific app features people like in a specific version.
  • Posting / sharing links to APK's that are less then 3.4 or are not on the APK download page.
  • Discussing which features you would like if people were to start developing custom ROM's for the Ninebot Mini (I already mentioned mine above, I just feel that 18kmh is just too slow. I don't have to go as fast as my electric scooter which can hit 29kmh but if I could get around 21kmh I would be a lot happier).

Thanks for sharing!

I cannot believe that the max Speed depends on the app version.

Because on most of my rides I do not even use the app.

So if your mini is free for max Speed (>= 50km) there is no Need anymore to use your Smartphone.

47 minutes ago, Groundcrew said:

So if your mini is free for max Speed (>= 50km) there is no Need anymore to use your Smartphone.

hello, before 50 km mileage, speed limit was 16km/h, after 50 km mileage , we, older user of xiaomi mini :lol: , received a nice app message with congratulation and we received like reward a speed limit at 18km/h. I dont know if it's the same process with yours actual news mini/mini pro.

I don't have the "max speed" display on mine - was that a particular app version? 

Round here, with the kind of pavement surfaces we have, I've only once hit max speed and been pushed back - chief problem is transverse slopes which means I have to kind of lean sideways all the time to avoid pushing on the steering bar and thus steering slightly off-straight.

8 minutes ago, Ozpeter said:

I don't have the "max speed" display on mine - was that a particular app version? 

Round here, with the kind of pavement surfaces we have, I've only once hit max speed and been pushed back - chief problem is transverse slopes which means I have to kind of lean sideways all the time to avoid pushing on the steering bar and thus steering slightly off-straight.

Hello Ozpeter

"max speed" indicator disapear around apk version 340/341, now max speed is into the circle of your speed current riding but no indicator in memory of your maximum speed, really i like very much to know my high speed,,,but....ninebot is ninebot

when you ride with pavement, slopes ... accross I suggest you take the obstacle on one side, with a wheel, and maintain pressure to move the second wheel. I'm doing this. Speed is very important: not too fast and not too slow, otherwise the fall.
But we must be very attentive to the task, you should not hesitate to turn around and find another access point if you do not feel it.

yes, riding mini needs good balance , and often be leaning to one side ! :wacko:

1 hour ago, Ozpeter said:

Hi Ozpeter,

Any app version below 3.5 displays max speed

Thanks for the advice, friends!  For max speed recall now I use another android app which maps my route and which can tell the speed I was travelling at any point on the map - and usually I can remember where i was able to go fastest.  But for myself, I am happy to go at a good average speed and not fall off, rather than going really fast and end up with bruises!

Archived