Falling forward at maximum speed

Eduard

I have a MSuper2 slow speed / climbing type.

After buying it, I had problems with the controller, and the seller sent me a new controller board, which I installed.

The problem seemed to have been fixed.

A few days ago I wanted to find out how my MSuper2 reacts to higher speeds. I accelerated slowly by leaning slightly forward. I was driving on a perfect road, flat surface. At a certain moment, I felt that I was beginning to fall forward, like the wheel did not catch up with the needed speed. I managed to immediately steer to the right and make a fall in the grass (only minor injuries).

Yesterday, I was driving on another road, again perfectly flat surface. This time I was just driving relaxed, no experiment. Battery fully charged. Slowly the speed was increasing, and again at a certain moment I felt the wheel did not have enough speed and I again started to fall forward. This time I could not correct, and I fell straight forward on the asfalt, at full speed (multiple severe injuries this time).

My questions:

1. Is it normal that at a certain speed you simple fall forward, or should the car automatically limit and stay balanced?

I have seen YouTube movies where people try to measure the maximum speed, without protection, and they do not fall. Also on the internet I find no information about such a problem.

2. If the car should stay balanced, can it be that the replacement controller is for another MSuper2 type? I have the slow speed climbing type. I can imagine that a controller for another type would expect the motor to be able to run faster, and that the wheel is too slow for what the controller wants to do. Or if the electronics are the same, is the software configuration different?

3 hours ago, Eduard said:

Is it normal that at a certain speed you simple fall forward, or should the car automatically limit and stay balanced?

Yes. it's normal. Once you go past the maximum speed and/or torque the motor is capable of, it will no longer be able to balance you. Exactly when that happens depends on how fast you are going, whether you are going uphill, how much you are leaning forward, terrain, etc.

It sounds like these two times you were going faster than you have ever gone before. You have probably just found the limits. 

1 minute ago, dmethvin said:

Yes. it's normal. Once you go past the maximum speed and/or torque the motor is capable of, it will no longer be able to balance you. Exactly when that happens depends on how fast you are going, whether you are going uphill, how much you are leaning forward, terrain, etc.

It sounds like these two times you were going faster than you have ever gone before. You have probably just found the limits. 

Thank you very much for your reply. That was very helpful. I'll pay attention from now on. It's good to know the limits !!!!

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

@Eduard, does your msuper beep when you go faster? They beeps are there to notify you of the higher speed so that you dont reach the speed limits

yes, the beeps are there. 4 beeps in a row. Some people talk about just ignoring them. That the beeps are a nuisance. I now understand that limits are really limits of the possible, not just limits of speed.

3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

do you know how fast you were going? any beeps were disabled by you?

I had not changed the beep settings. 4 beeps were constantly sounding. I assume I must have been at about 28 km/h, based on the announced max. speed of the Low Speed variant.

10 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

hope you're ok and that you were wearing protection. I've pushed my mcm v3 to 3 beeps (not intentionally) usually only 2.

I only wore strong gloves. Fortunately I'm highly experienced in martial arts and know how to fall in uncommon situations. Nevertheless, mother earth can be a tough lady when dressed in concrete...

Archived