Safety while braking

Koemans

Dear fellow nineboters 

yesterday i was riding with a fellow nineboter true the park. I was riding behind him around 15-20 km/h and then he braked. I didn't really saw that comming so i needed to brake harder,  All of the sudden my ninebot shuted down resulting in breaking my ankle and my ninebot not starting up anymore, the retailer said it could been caused by 2 things, asking to mutch power from my ninebot by braking to hard which makes me question product safety when you need to preform an emergency brake. The other cause would be a wrong tactic on braking, which i think is not what happend becaus i d did alot of braking befor... Can it be that my ninebot is buged or somthing? Now it even doesn't start up after charging. Its a ninebot one e+ bought 1 week ago wth 150 km done, battery was around 45%, updated to the latest firmware and thr tire was pumped to 3.1 bar. Im in alot of pain atm and pretty scared to drive my ninebot again... 

Any of you guys had similar problems before? 

Gauthier aka koemans

Oh no!  :o  Ouch ouch ouch.... Yikes sorry to hear you got injured.  Yes power braking can burn out the control board unfortunately.  Hopefully you can get your board exchanged under warranty through Ninebot as I hear they have good customer service.  I would say it's better to veer and slowly stop than do a forceful brake if at all possible.  Ninebot P's I believe had a heck of a problem if I recall correctly.  You would think they should over-engineer these for the worst case scenarios, but I think it may have to do with being a limit of the electronic components as it seems that mosfets can only take so much.

I wonder whether wearing some ankle supporting boots like these might have helped:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Free-shipping-3-colors-high-quality-professional-motorcycle-boots-Pro-biker-Racing-Boots-Motorcross-Boots/32678224421.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-Boots-Pro-biker-SPEED-Bikers-Moto-Racing-Boots-Motocross-Motorbike-Shoes-40-41-42-43/1388498766.html

Sorry to hear pal. Yes the same happened to me on a different wheel a few months ago. 

This kind of braking should be avoided and proper distance kept between the riders, hope you get better soon

Archived