Firmware 1.20 for KS18

johrhoj

Is the firmware for the KS 18 the same as for the KS 16? 

I strongly suspect they are the same, at least the same codebase because:

1) the version nrs are in sync (both 1.20)
2) i have the same reset of odo-meter issue as KS 16 users
3) just common sense for Kingsong to use same codebase

But even when they are the same, different issues could arise in the KS 18. Nevertheless, if the firmware is basically the same, also read the KS 16 firmware-topic.

Anyway, for KS 18A 1200W:

- I updated to 1.20 (from 1.14).
- It resetted my odometer to zero.
- It looks like that the glitch I reported in another topic might be repaired, but not sure about that yet. I will test for it next weekend-trip and report on it.
- I am happy with the update: it just works fine. I noticed no real differences while driving.

I can only repeat what was mentioned in other kingsong firmware topics in this forum: I can confirm from experience the fix in version 1.18.

V1.16 has update over-power issue. over-power is occur when the balance has reached a limit
V1.17 we have updated burn-fuse issue, update current.
V1.18 has updated the total mileage calculation error.  
V1.19 is same as V1.18
V1.20 fix unicycle block while upgrading, add low-voltage speed limitation feature

I am using the latest android app. In this app I can set the speed alarms all the way to 40 kph.

39 minutes ago, johrhoj said:

I can only repeat what was mentioned in other kingsong firmware topics in this forum: I can confirm from experience the fix in version 1.18.

V1.16 has update over-power issue. over-power is occur when the balance has reached a limit
V1.17 we have updated burn-fuse issue, update current.
V1.18 has updated the total mileage calculation error.  
V1.19 is same as V1.18
V1.20 fix unicycle block while upgrading, add low-voltage speed limitation feature

I am using the latest android app. In this app I can set the speed alarms all the way to 40 kph.

@Bryan Wells

johrhoj has a 1200 Watt version! can be that for the "older" 800 watt versions it is not possible to upgrade in any way!

for my Ks 14c i also have no way to upgrade the firmware....

its only possible for the "newest" wheels...Ks16 and 18"plus"

perhaps @tinawong can answer this question?

Archived