Ninebot one e+ - rubbing noise and speed limit

Alexandros

Hi guys,

im new in the forum, nice to be part of the forum and share infos and experiences.

i need you help with the 2 following things: i recently bought a ninebot one e+, used it 2 days and im able already to ride and turn. Feels awesome!

today though ninebot started to make a rubbing noise. I thought something was stuck inside but its not the case. Any ideas? I dont ride one leg etc (i cant anyway :)

also in the app, i cant put any speed higher than 10km/h!! 

Many thanks for your help guys.

By the way, If these topics have been discussed already, please let me know. I looked but couldnt find anything related.

thanks again

Alex

10 hours ago, Alexandros said:

Hi guys,

im new in the forum, nice to be part of the forum and share infos and experiences.

i need you help with the 2 following things: i recently bought a ninebot one e+, used it 2 days and im able already to ride and turn. Feels awesome!

today though ninebot started to make a rubbing noise. I thought something was stuck inside but its not the case. Any ideas? I dont ride one leg etc (i cant anyway :)

There is not much space between the tire and the casing - so something could get stuck inside where ypu cannot see it. Did you try to drive the 9bot in the other direction (the ninebot can be driven quite normal turned around for 180 degrees) - maybe then something stuck gets released?

you checked the tire pressure? Normaly EUC's are delivered with way too low pressure and loose pressure over time. Or maybe you inflated the tire a bit too much?

did you have the wheel crashing, so something maybe got bent/twisted?

there are detailed dissasemble videos on youtube from speedyfeet uk if you like to take an inside look (with of course voiding warranty) - there is also a video showing how one gets rid of the rubbing noise driving one footed, once you learned this.

could be, that some screws/attachments got loose inside?

also in the app, i cant put any speed higher than 10km/h!! 

That's imho normal. One cannot set the speed limit higher (at least with firmware 1.35 - don't know for othet versions. I never used the speed limit) if you want to drive faster you have to disable the speed limit. (Push the small speedometer/tachometer icon in the lower left corner of the app to toggle the speed limit)

Ps.: if you did not already update or already got your ninebot with firmware version 1.40 you should stay with version 1.35 from what i read around here. if you still have a lower version other forum members could give you a recommendation wether to update or not. (Btw - one cannot downgrade firmware)

Edit.:

PPS.: If you use an ipone, there is a nice logging app available: http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/3589-9b-metrics/

Also very small stuffe like pieces of paper, leaves, etc can make quite irritating noises once the are stuck between the casing and the tire...

Hi Chriull

thank u so much for your feedback.

I tried driving backwards, the noise is still there. The noise is there even when the wheel is turned off and i just pull it back and front. But its not a permanent noise.

i also noticed that when i ride faster on straight line, the unit starts to shake a bit. Or this is normal?

I inflated the tire as recommended for an 80kg rider, but the sound is metallic so i guess it shouldnt be the tire. I also made the wheel drop a couple of times the first day i used it, but nothing really mean.

I have watched the videos u mention, they are very detailed, but since there is no dealer here in greece (i bought and brought the unit from france), i wanted to ask someone first before i actually open the unit. Cause if i do something wrong, i have noone to help me here.

i guess i will open the right "battery" cover to check if something's stuck in there. It would be nice though if i could actually check both sides. Do you know if i can just pull up a little the wheel-motor part to check the other side too, once i take out the battery cover? Cause it looks complicated to actually dismantle the left cover.

For the speed limit, i understand from your explanation that if i dont apply the speed limit, no speed setting applies at all right? Well that makes sense ?

Thanks again so much for your help!

2 hours ago, Alexandros said:

Hi Chriull

thank u so much for your feedback.

I tried driving backwards, the noise is still there. The noise is there even when the wheel is turned off and i just pull it back and front. But its not a permanent noise.

i also noticed that when i ride faster on straight line, the unit starts to shake a bit. Or this is normal?

Not really. Just in beginning drivers sometimes introduce some imbalance to the wheel which could cause it wobbling - but the wheel should be stable.

I inflated the tire as recommended for an 80kg rider, but the sound is metallic so i guess it shouldnt be the tire. I also made the wheel drop a couple of times the first day i used it, but nothing really mean.

I have watched the videos u mention, they are very detailed, but since there is no dealer here in greece (i bought and brought the unit from france), i wanted to ask someone first before i actually open the unit. Cause if i do something wrong, i have noone to help me here.

Maybe best is to get in contact with your dealer?

i guess i will open the right "battery" cover to check if something's stuck in there. It would be nice though if i could actually check both sides. Do you know if i can just pull up a little the wheel-motor part to check the other side too, once i take out the battery cover? Cause it looks complicated to actually dismantle the left cover.

To just remove the outer cover and the battery cover/mainboard cover is quite easy, but you wont really see much from the inside at the wheel.

Also removing the "inner cover" which reveals the wheel is not complicated. Just with the motor connector one should be cautios on the motherboard side - no big deal but warranty is voided.

For the speed limit, i understand from your explanation that if i dont apply the speed limit, no speed setting applies at all right? Well that makes sense ?

exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys 

thank you so much for your help.

i finally opened the battery side cover and was able to remove some scrub that was stuck inside on the plastic and was making the noise.

about the wobbling, it shoud be indeed my inexperience as the more i ride, the better stability i get.

Guys thanks again for your help!

Archived