MicroWorks 30B4 board calibration in horizontal??

38 minutes ago, electric_vehicle_lover said:

I tried but I may missed something. Anyone knows if the MicroWorks 30B4 can be calibrated horizontally, just like this video which the board seems to be the same? 

Looks like Gotway uses a different Firmware for versions with horizontal alignment. This was discussed regarding the MCMV3.

14 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Can you contact the seller where you got the board to ask about it?  They might have access to a firmware flash that you can upload through BT?

Depends if the seller is a wholesale partner/ manufacturer or also developer (access to source code and not binary only). Even if you disassemble the code and convert assembler code to C Code you'll not have the same "source code" as the developer of the code as all remarks/ notations have been removed while making the assembler/ binary code. But would be interesting what the answer from the seller would be.

They don't have access to a flash for horizontal placement of the board?  You wouldn't need the source code - just a compiled firmware with the orientation setting altered I think?  Or maybe they only have one firmware for vertical placement.   They should have a few versions to allow for more flexibility.

Now this is a pretty big if, but if you can figure which chips are the gyro chips and if you are able to desolder surface mount chips with a focused heat gun I wonder if it would be possible to resolder them sideways and with small jumpers on the other side.  That way you could have the board change orientation, but the chips would keep their original orientation.  It would be a tricky thing to do I think...

48 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

They don't have access to a flash for horizontal placement of the board?  You wouldn't need the source code - just a compiled firmware with the orientation setting altered I think?  Or maybe they only have one firmware for vertical placement.   They should have a few versions to allow for more flexibility.

Now this is a pretty big if, but if you can figure which chips are the gyro chips and if you are able to desolder surface mount chips with a focused heat gun I wonder if it would be possible to resolder them sideways and with small jumpers on the other side.  That way you could have the board change orientation, but the chips would keep their original orientation.  It would be a tricky thing to do I think...

That's a bad hack. If the seller has no other firmware code for horizontal placement he likely have no control on the firmware or changing the values and distribute a new release is "to much work to do" for one customer.

Looking a bit closer at these gyro chips some look like they have pins on all four sides so yeah it would not be that easy a task if at all possible.  There are breakout boards though if you can get the Invensense chip off, but rewiring it would be tricky...

http://www.robotshop.com/ca/en/qfn-qfp-tqfp-lqfp-dip-breakout-board.html

Archived