Buying help to Newbie

ElRetardo

Hi poeple,

Can anyone help me with what Unicycle to get started with?

I've seen one on Aliexpress that has  good price/specs. It's 16 inch like I want but doesn't cost too much and I don't need a huge battery. But I can't seem to google any information on it. Does anyone know anything about this Unicycle?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/264Wh-Kwheel-16inch-tire-solo-wheel-self-balance-electric-scooter-Samsung-brand-battery-monowheel/32646004563.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.voeuaa

Thanks for help with this or any other suggestions on what to buy at a decent price.

Regards!

1 hour ago, ElRetardo said:

Hi poeple,

I've seen one on Aliexpress that has  good price/specs. It's 16 inch like I want but doesn't cost too much and I don't need a huge battery. But I can't seem to google any information on it. Does anyone know anything about this Unicycle?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/264Wh-Kwheel-16inch-tire-solo-wheel-self-balance-electric-scooter-Samsung-brand-battery-monowheel/32646004563.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.voeuaa

Thanks for help with this or any other suggestions on what to buy at a decent price.

Regards!

1 hour ago, ElRetardo said:

Hi poeple,

Regards!

It says 'speed: <30km/h' which sounds like a suspiciously ambiguous way of telling you how fast it can go. Also what's the warranty and/or customer service status?

if you're likely to upgrade in the future, might be worth just spending a bit more, or waiting a bit longer and buying a known model with available reviews/reputation.

27 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

It says 'speed: <30km/h' which sounds like a suspiciously ambiguous way of telling you how fast it can go. Also what's the warranty and/or customer service status?

if you're likely to upgrade in the future, might be worth just spending a bit more, or waiting a bit longer and buying a known model with available reviews/reputation.

It could conceivably go that fast with a very light rider pushing it to the very limits. It gives more accurate top speeds further down on the description: Top speed: 18-20km / h

There's many sellers out there that give misleading specs. When comparing the specs of models, it's good to check that the watt rating of the motor is for sustained performance and not the less reliable peak performance. The motor performance is probably 500 watt sustained and 1000 watt peak. The top speed of the model fits accordingly with the motor specs.

1 minute ago, ElRetardo said:

Thanks for replying guys. Is it normal that there are models no ones ever heard of? Can anyone recommend other 16 inch models that are not more than $1000?

Ninebot e/c, ips lhotz (my wheel), etc.

if you really think this will be a hobby/activity you're going to like, you're going to VERY quickly outgrow a generic wheel. Spend a bit extra for quality as it will save money as opposed to a later upgrade after buying a cheap one initially.

3 hours ago, ElRetardo said:

Thanks for replying guys. Is it normal that there are models no ones ever heard of? Can anyone recommend other 16 inch models that are not more than $1000?

You can get the MCM4 HS 680wh for just around $1,000. It has a top speed of 35-40km/h and superb range. it has a 14 inch wheel, but it handles a lot like the usual 16 inch. There's a number of benefits to having a large battery like this, too, such as increased range, improved battery health, and longer lasting peak power output.

If you're set on finding a good 16 inch electric unicycle for under $1,000, then there's the IPS Lhotz and the Ninebot One E+ as mentioned above. Yet I think that the model that you are looking at now is just about as good based on what little we know about it.

If you are not looking to spend a lot (at first anyway) you might look at some of the IPS models, I noticed there is a seller on eBay that sells them used at a good price. I have 4 wheels currently, a ninebot E+, 2 IPS, and a Gotway MCM2s. These are all good brands and I am happy with them.  I find the 16 inch wheels better for commuting, but the 14 inch more maneuverable if I just want to have fun.  I don't have an 18".

Edit: Banggood has the IPS I130 on sale at $270 now by the way, that's a very good deal!

Archived