Sherman Max vs. OG Commander battery packs?? (pics included)

BKW

As far as I know, both the Veteran Sherman Max and the OG Commander have 3600Wh for their batteries.

However, last night I did 9 hours on my newly acquired OG Comannder and had FAR less miles compared to my Veteran Sherman Max. For example, I can ride 12+ hrs on the Sherman Max, but I was barely able to squeak out 9 hrs last night on the OG Commander. I find this strange because both have the same everything, except the OG Commander has a 3000W motor vs the Sherman Max's 2800 motor, but still the difference is huge.

I didn't gauge the exact miles, etc., because I just assumed they'd be similar, but the differences seem drastic. I'll have to ride the OG Commander more to get more info later.

Anyway, I have pictures of both the two EUCs' battery packs (pics below):

SHERMAN MAX:

20220419_182043.thumb.jpg.57ffd053126c136091bd428d0ff0e3a2.jpg

COMMANDER:

IMG_1197.thumb.jpg.8f044ace893f0a129fa3cc05e001cbd2.jpg

The main differences is that the Sherman Max has 2424P configuration, while the OG Commander have 24S2P configuration. Also, why does one battery pack read 20Ah/1728Wh and the other says 10Ah/864Wh?

Given this information, does it make any sense to you why I have such a seemingly drastic difference in mileage between the two EUCs?

When I rode my Commander Pro the difference between the Sherman Max and the Commander Pro weren't that far off from each other, but the difference between the OG Commander and the Sherman Max seems far off from each other. Any idea why?

3 hours ago, BKW said:

Given this information, does it make any sense to you why I have such a seemingly drastic difference in mileage between the two EUCs?

No. 3600Wh are 3600Wh. In fact the OG Commander is known for above average range for the 3600Wh wheels.

Maybe your tire pressure is really low on the Commander? Does your Commander charger charge it to a good voltage? What is the max voltage you can get on it?

Not sure what is going on with the battery pack stickers. They seem to use 3.6V for a cell voltage (which is actually fine) but both wheels are 8p altogether. Maybe something custom is going on, they used to have 50.4V packs in series to make 100.8V for some wheels. Doesn't really matter though.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

You can't make a fair comparison based on riding time you need at least the distance and avg speed
However it's possible that the minimum voltage isn't identical, if the Shermax goes down to 2.9v/3V(~70V) and the Commander 3.25V(~78V) the difference could be significant roughly ~20%

These are good points. I'll have to take note of everything these next few days and I'll get back with you guys, because something seems off.

4 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

However it's possible that the minimum voltage isn't identical, if the Shermax goes down to 2.9v/3V(~70V) and the Commander 3.25V(~78V) the difference could be significant roughly ~20%

This is a very good point. Were you giving a hypothetical with the Shermax going down to 70V and the Commander to 78V? Or are these well known? Either way, I'll try to research the answer myself, because 20%+ difference seems pretty close to what I'm seeing so far