Duf damn near bought the farm…

Zip ties? If your process leaves parts of them inside is that healthy? Sure, wouldn't be if it was to a tube tire.

Yes link for the magnetic extended Allen head set thank you

34 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Zip ties? If your process leaves parts of them inside is that healthy? Sure, wouldn't be if it was to a tube tire.

I have used the zip tie method for the past 2 tire changes with no issue. How would you leave part of a zip tie inside the rim?

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

No zip tie pieces are left in the tire, you just make one cut and pull it through. 

• Upvote 1

Using an impact driver to reinstall the motor bolts is not great, people should not copy that method, use a torque wrench and don't forget loctite.

• Upvote 2

Add tubeless on a tube type rim(+ scratched), no tire sealant, improper valve seal
I don't get his logic, a week ago it made him realize that an unexpected failure could be tragic, but now he's doing everything to force an eventual failure
Besides, it's not as if he was unaware of it i mean he keeps repeating at every step that it's not optimal, BRUH??? 

Edited by Bizra6ot
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Using an impact driver to reinstall the motor bolts is not great, people should not copy that method, use a torque wrench and don't forget loctite.

I like the torque wrench protocol, but I don't know how to find the proper torque values for a 2.5mm, 4mm, 5mm bolts, let alone other sizes.  So, I end up just doing a guess with my hands.  Do you have a chart or resource you can share for torque values?  

6 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I like the torque wrench protocol, but I don't know how to find the proper torque values for a 2.5mm, 4mm, 5mm bolts, let alone other sizes.  So, I end up just doing a guess with my hands.  Do you have a chart or resource you can share for torque values?  

Just google metric screw torque rating, so for example motor screws those are most commonly M6 and usually 10.9 rated steel so then you can see on standard metric torque charts around 15Nm is a good value to torque to.

• Like 1