Newbie on V-14 Needs Serious Assistance

Charlester Williams

Okay I am coming from a beginner EUC, the Inmotion V8s that I have been riding 3 times a week for the last 7 months---teaching myself how to ride an EUC. I just purchased the V-14 and am shocked how heavy and wide it is to the beginner V8s. I am sad to say that I cannot even hold the V-14 up between my legs without tipping over. And so I need you guys to give me some help on how to set this machine up as I have some beginner questions just to be able to ride the vehicle.

1.  Why is it when I stand to the side of the V-14 and push down on the seat or top with my hands the wheel automatically rolls backward?

2. Please suggest what settings I should begin with in the APP. Like should I be in the sport or comfort mode; what pedal hardness do you recommend?

3. What should I set for my acceleration and brake assist as a newbie on the wheel (realizing that adjustments can be made once i get comfortable with the wheel)

4. What is he Balance Angle setting on the app all about and what should I set it to?

5. I live in the U.S. and so I changed the speed to miles. It showed the change on the wheel monitor but the APP still shows km ad not miles. Any help on this

I ask all of the above questions because after riding the baby V8s for seven months I am back to bracing myself up against a wall just to keep myself upright as I stand and creep forward on the V-14. Please everyone weigh in to help me get off of the wall

Williams  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charlester Williams said:

Why is it when I stand to the side of the V-14 and push down on the seat or top with my hands the wheel automatically rolls backward?

Why, because this is how they work, it’s called an accelerometer. Pushing down on the seat is the same as leaning while riding. 

• Like 1

I would start with no assist and pedals fully firm. I usually ride with a 2° forward lean on my wheels but have since set the v-14 to 2° backward  or -2° because the wheel just wants to go. The width takes a little bit to get used to but you will get used to it. I use sport mode but don't think there is much of a difference between the 2.

4 hours ago, Charlester Williams said:

Why is it when I stand to the side of the V-14 and push down on the seat or top with my hands the wheel automatically rolls backward?

Because the seat is more towards the back of the wheel and you are tilting it backwards when you push down.

Not sure about the app. are you using the Inmotion one?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I would start with no assist and pedals fully firm. I usually ride with a 2° forward lean on my wheels but have since set the v-14 to 2° backward  or -2° because the wheel just wants to go. The width takes a little bit to get used to but you will get used to it. I use sport mode but don't think there is much of a difference between the 2.

Because the seat is more towards the back of the wheel and you are tilting it backwards when you push down.

Not sure about the app. are you using the Inmotion one?

Yes I am using the inmotion App

Tony inmotion,

Are there any videos yu can recommend to charles that clearly show how to use the app OR can yu provide a brief and detailed outline about it ?

I really recommend looking at the videos of ….mrelwoodeuc…. On YouTube.. He gives a really clear and easy to understand explanation of how the Inmotion settings affect the wheel, and what they actually do… and how to make the necessary adjustment to suit your riding preferences.