Ronin

3 hours ago, litewave said:

Maybe @Ronin (the thread originator) should speak for himself. I think he takes a more balanced and constructive approach in his reviews.

Perhaps the word "nitpick" was too kind. I really meant "whine".

to answer both ronins and litewaves replies,  speaking for myself,  i guess i must be whining then.  i own a lynx,  and the only thing perhaps that could make the apex01 a "lynxrecycle" (lets make it a word onto itself...) is that for the speed freaks,  it will be more stable at speed, and wont send your face into the pavement.  as you both mention, lets really wait and see what the 'gods' have concocted for the next killer euc... it may turn out that we need not nail the apex to a cross and pass judgement then....

• Like 1

Reportedly they are ironing out one last QC issue before the official reveal. If you ask me, that personally gives me more confidence in the brand - better to have a fully tested and QCed product that is (hopefully) major issue-free prior to release, as opposed to releasing a wheel and making your batch 1/2 customers beta test it.

• Like 1

I'm super impressed and excited for you @NOSFET Electric Dreams! And I'm a little jealous too, wow, what an awesome accomplishment you are making to bring a wheel to market. If you show as much attention to detail in your products as you do your film making, then I know your wheels will be fantastic. Congratulations!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Reportedly they are ironing out one last QC issue before the official reveal. If you ask me, that personally gives me more confidence in the brand - better to have a fully tested and QCed product that is (hopefully) major issue-free prior to release, as opposed to releasing a wheel and making your batch 1/2 customers beta test it.

Yes, but releasing it to the public compared to announcing it are two different things. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

An easy fox for this would have been for you to wait 2 or 3 weeks before creating this thread, no?

2 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I didn't create the thread 😉 The wheel was teased roughly the day (maybe THE day?) that this thread was created.

My bad.

If Nosfet.com website was already publicly accessible, and a teaser was leaked, then it is reasonably to assume that the company wanted to go the teaser route to launch their new company and first wheel. 

Edited by techyiam

18 minutes ago, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

I understand the pedals are not the most exciting thing of this wheel for some, but the good news is that the pedals are not the main focus and are the easiest to replace. 

As I already responded on IG; the lines on the pedals don't actually get in the way of the pedal grip performance because of how high the spikes are. I admit that these pedals may be small for some riders but the size was also a consideration for tight turns on track + off road clearance.

I wouldn't worry about it, that's one of the negatives one may have to face should the teaser-to-launch approach is taken.

There always will be some individuals who will nitpick based on a teaser image. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

I understand the pedals are not the most exciting thing of this wheel for some, but the good news is that the pedals are not the main focus and are the easiest to replace. 

As I already responded on IG; the lines on the pedals don't actually get in the way of the pedal grip performance because of how high the spikes are. I admit that these pedals may be small for some riders but the size was also a consideration for tight turns on track + off road clearance.

I'm a fan of the pedal size choice. And I was concerned that my E-works pedal spikes, same as these, weren't going to be as grippy as the normal spikes I was used to.. They're solid, never let me down.

2 hours ago, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

Can you show power stage of control board ? Are you reusing motor+board+battery from lynx ? Are you reusing LK balancing sw?

• Like 1

@NOSFET Electric Dreams, I think you are the only wheel maker who is actually active here, currently, so kudos for that, is it too late for us to ask for features, or can we ask for features for your next wheel?

Can I at least guess about a feature? I think you made the wheel space large enough to have a broad selection of tires because I think you took the Lynx, that I know you already love, and then fixed all the problems.. ? right?

Edited by on one
moore

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The Apex One should be announced soon anyway.

Why not just wait for the announcement, and then see what kind of wheel it is, and then ask questions.

There just isn't enough facts at the moment to make any constructive speculations. 

as always from techyiam, well said...

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 3:18 PM, Skampster said:

Especially when it’s over $400au shipped for e-rides pedals which three of my wheels have/needed. 

I've never experienced aftermarket pedals, just flat sandpaper, and the Lynx, so the Lynx is the best I've used.

Are aftermarket pedals really that much better?

• Like 1

That's way too expensive, $400, for pedals. Even aftermarket pedals aren't large enough for my feet, so I have to make my own pedals like 13.5 inches. That's okay though because they are really nice cushy pedals that I made and they only cost like $50. Riding with pedals large enough for your whole foot heel to toe is so much better than trying to ride with foot hang over. I was laughing at the teaser because it just shows the headlight and the pedal, that's silly.

4 hours ago, o u euc 2 said:

From my own limited experience, i used the stock pedals and they were fine.  I then swapped them with nylonove pedals and there is a big difference in the spikes.  The cast nubs on the lynx pedals are rounded and do mot bite into the sole of my boots.  The spikes (actually set screws) in the nylonove pedals bite into the sole of my boots.  That one thing alone sold me on the nylonove pedals.

If you hav the time and dont want to get aftermarket pedals,  grind the nubs flat on the lynx pedals,  then design a plan of where to mount set screws on the lynx pedals.  Tap the holes and mount the 12mm set screws (M5s).  After doing all that, your lynx pedals will have the bite that they should of had to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, on one said:

That's way too expensive, $400, for pedals. Even aftermarket pedals aren't large enough for my feet, so I have to make my own pedals like 13.5 inches. That's okay though because they are really nice cushy pedals that I made and they only cost like $50.

A$400= US$275

9 hours ago, o u euc 2 said:

I've never experienced aftermarket pedals, just flat sandpaper, and the Lynx, so the Lynx is the best I've used.

In my experience, absolutely. I had some Nylonove pedals and they were great. The grip is on another level, really nice size and shape, and they have some flex which makes them really comfortable. Expensive but worth every bit if you have the money.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DavidB said:

A$400= US$275

Correct, and in that price, there’s £50 for shipping, and the pedals cost £199, so if an Australian wants aftermarket pedals, and yes, they exceed the stock pedals, that’s what it costs. 

Been using for a bit of time stock cast pedals on s22, but then bought aftermarket pedals from Beidou with cell structure and detachable screw steel spikes, it's just another level of comfort and confidence. Few times even saved me from slipping of the pedal. So the reasoning of nosfet to cut down expenses by providing casted pedals for a universal terrain euc it's just unreasonably stingy, even though they do look sturdy but that all what the have. From what I see in community, riders that have euc with similar casted pedals are mostly buying alternatives, and it's increasing unnecessary price of owning a euc, or modifying stock ones by removing stock spikes with file and drilling holes for steel spikes, but it's quite long and tedious process.

Before being able to try out the stock pedals on the Apex One, how can one be so sure that they are that bad, as stock pedals go.

Not everyone is going to want the same pedals in any case.

And usually, pedals are not that difficult to replace.

So why use  expensive top tier pedals as stock pedals and force the higher price on all owners.

I, for one, am not interested paying a higher price, due to the inclusion of a pair of high end pedals. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1