Inmotion E25 (details pending)

RagingGrandpa

has there been any news on the inmotion front? i mean the years almost over and no news? We haven't even heard about the v18 yet. i would love another wheel like the S18 18inch tire is perfect, no speakers, they can make it out of polycarbonate (like MTEN5) no metal needed. 

1 hour ago, kintips said:

The kingsong S18 is a very nice wheel in terms of weight ride feel, i love mine. BUT i never knew they had a 50S cell version, i would buy that one for sure. its the nimblest 18inch wheel. 

this isn't the molicel version, as that one is only 900wh, this is very nice if it actually has 50s cells. I haven't seen this version. 

Neither had i, i figured someone would be interested on this info, glad it reached you and was useful.

https://www.kingsong-store.com/en/unicycles-18/274-kingsong-ks-s18-pro-black-unicycle-2200-w-1110wh-50s-3701522007061.html

Edited by Manoloco
added link
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manoloco said:

Neither had i, i figured someone would be interested on this info, glad it reached you and was useful.

https://www.kingsong-store.com/en/unicycles-18/274-kingsong-ks-s18-pro-black-unicycle-2200-w-1110wh-50s-3701522007061.html

Yes thanks for the post! i would buy that wheel if it was here in canada. i love my s18, but this one has a new controller and 50S cells. 

Its weird kingsong doesn't even list this version on there main website https://kingsong.com/product/kingsong-s18-pro/ All they list is the molicel version

You know kingsong could really reinvent the S18 and make it a banger, 1500wh 50S cells with higher top speed Add a screen on top, it would sell like crazy. I would buy another one lol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kintips said:

Yes thanks for the post! i would buy that wheel if it was here in canada. i love my s18, but this one has a new controller and 50S cells. 

Its weird kingsong doesn't even list this version on there main website https://kingsong.com/product/kingsong-s18-pro/ All they list is the molicel version

You know kingsong could really reinvent the S18 and make it a banger, 1500wh 50S cells with higher top speed Add a screen on top, it would sell like crazy. I would buy another one lol. 

Totally agree i would be very interested in that wheel as long as they manage to keep the weight the same, maybe magnesium, titanium and a lighter more actual motor would help

43 minutes ago, kintips said:

It would be around 30kg then.. As they probably would use metal for new design instead of plastic. :D At that point maybe V11Y would be better bet?

Ins't S18 linkage suspension "meh"? I personally like the idea of fork like suspension, no tail, etc..

7 minutes ago, Funky said:

Ins't S18 linkage suspension "meh"? I personally like the idea of fork like suspension, no tail, etc..

The suspension is not too bad but i had lots of headache with the links quality and with the chassis quality. Basically the wheel was assembled in a way it heavily tried to tilt to one side and to fix it I had to modify the metal plate holding the motor axle. It is soooo kingsong. I saw the same craftsmanship in the s16 dismantle video of ecodrift (rusty magnets and absurd cable arrangements in a new wheel) and didn't like it one bit.

And these things are not watertight. Ridiculous.

Edited by Aztek
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jmac said:

I don't get it. Shouldn't that be on a Kingsong topic?  My own processes. I consider what I'm writing under the subject line that will be meaningful to Future readers. Just saying 😊

Lol, i would love to talk about the E25, but inmotion hasn't given us any new information lol 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aztek said:

Basically the wheel was assembled in a way it heavily tried to tilt to one side and to fix it I had to modify the metal plate holding the motor axle. It is soooo kingsong. I saw the same craftsmanship in the s16 dismantle video of ecodrift (rusty magnets and absurd cable arrangements in a new wheel) and didn't like it one bit.

I don't own an S18, nor do I know much about ecodrift's S16.

However, relatively speaking, the S16 Pro is actually quite well built, IMO.  And rides very well too.

I just watched that ecodrift S16/PRO teardown video again. It's no different than when I first watched it before deciding to purchase one for myself. 

I have done more or less a teardown myself. Based on my ownership and servicing experience of my S16 Pro, I believe you are taking a couple of minor imperfections to condemn a very good wheel.

Out curiosity, what wheels do you consider better than the S16 Pro that belong to the same class of wheels and price bracket?

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I don't own an S18, nor do I know much about ecodrift's S16.

However, relatively speaking, the S16 Pro is actually quite well built, IMO.  And rides very well too.

I just watched that ecodrift S16/PRO teardown video again. It's no different than when I first watched it before deciding to purchase one for myself. 

I have done more or less a teardown myself. Based on my ownership and servicing experience of my S16 Pro, I believe you are taking a couple of minor imperfections to condemn a very good wheel.

Out curiosity, what wheels do you consider better than the S16 Pro that belong to the same class of wheels and price bracket?

From what I see, Inmotion v11y after the first batch seems well built. It isn't exactly the same as s16, of course.

Edited by Aztek

8 hours ago, Aztek said:

v11y after the first batch seems well built

Personally, I wouldn’t call the V11y a first batch, it’s the recent batch number from its original incarnation, whatever that number is.