PWM value setting

Seba

Hey guys,

Quick question for anyone with a Lynx or Sherman L. In the LeaperKim app settings, there's an option called "PWM value setting" that you can adjust from 30% to 200%. From what I understand, this setting controls the tiltback which kicks in once you hit the set PWM threshold. Now, I wouldn't be asking if the range was between 30% and 100%. After all, the PWM can't really go above 100%, right? Since 100% should mean the motor is fully driven. The only thing that makes sense to me is that LeaperKim is using its own PWM scaling, where 200% actually means 100%.

Does anyone know how to interpret the fact that the "PWM value setting" can go from 100% to 200%? Or could this setting mean something completely different?

On 8/12/2024 at 8:37 PM, Seba said:

Hey guys,

Quick question for anyone with a Lynx or Sherman L. In the LeaperKim app settings, there's an option called "PWM value setting" that you can adjust from 30% to 200%. From what I understand, this setting controls the tiltback which kicks in once you hit the set PWM threshold. Now, I wouldn't be asking if the range was between 30% and 100%. After all, the PWM can't really go above 100%, right? Since 100% should mean the motor is fully driven. The only thing that makes sense to me is that LeaperKim is using its own PWM scaling, where 200% actually means 100%.

Does anyone know how to interpret the fact that the "PWM value setting" can go from 100% to 200%? Or could this setting mean something completely different?

200 is essentially just disabling it, same as speed alarm setting.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is at 65%. I have not changed it. It's the first day I've had the Lynx. I understand that is something like the maximum power you allow it to develop?

In the context of computer fans it is the power you apply and with that the speed changes, but I don't know what action it has on the unicycle.