Solid Tire for MTen3

A long time ago I bought a solid tire for my MTen3s to test out. (MTen3 tires are constantly going flat on me.) Finally got around to mounting it yesterday and ... it didn't fit. :angry: The rim size is right, but the rim has an internal channel that isn't the same size as the inner part of the wheel. So the one side of the wheel sits higher than the other depending on which side of tire is seating in the channel.

Has anyone else tried putting a solid tire on an MTen3 and if so, was it successful and if so, exactly what tire was used?

Not exactly the answer but anyway. My MTen3 was delivered with tire with internal tube. I try tubeless but the pressure was down very fast even after slimming. So I install inner tube in the tubeless tire and now it is fine.

The Mten is called "ten" but if you use 10x3in tires you'll notice they don't fit. 

The right spec is 6.5in (=rim diameter, not tire diameter).

I had issues with the tire feeling rock hard even at low pressure so I tried to fit something wider. I went with 70/65-6.5.

If you want to completely fill up the wheel well you could try 85/65-6.5 but it's possible it'll rub. I'm going to try it next time.

I'm not impressed with tubeless because I've got zero psi after a few weeks. I've got leakage with tubes too but not that much. And this is after playing with sealant etc.

I think to prevent leakage you need to keep riding the wheel for a couple of weeks. Meaning you keep it (while leaking) in motion regularly and keep topping it up so it's in the same pressure range all the time. That means that the tire bead has time to "seal". 

If you let the tire deflate before a couple of weeks have passed, the sealant can't seal anymore because the tire will break the seal by simply deflating, and then you're back to square one.

A perfect tubeless setup is the kind where the tire POPS onto the rim. Meaning there's shoulder an uniflated tire can rest on. I don't believe the Mten3 has this.